Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science (for now) at AS Level. I am very keen to do maths at university, specifically Cambridge.
    I am ahead of the syllabus in both maths subjects and have not struggled with any of it. I am looking to get a head start to C3 so that I can possibly study extra modules next year or learn extra things. I also help Year 11s with GCSE maths and like to look further in to everything I learn at AS. I have looked through one STEP paper.

Is there anything anyone can suggest that may be helpful for a university maths application (specifically cambridge). I would be extremely grateful as I am struggling to think of anything I can do to separate myself from other applicants!!!!
    Josh

(Original post by JXSH)
    I am currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science (for now) at AS Level. I am very keen to do maths at university, specifically Cambridge.
    I am ahead of the syllabus in both maths subjects and have not struggled with any of it. I am looking to get a head start to C3 so that I can possibly study extra modules next year or learn extra things. I also help Year 11s with GCSE maths and like to look further in to everything I learn at AS. I have looked through one STEP paper.

Is there anything anyone can suggest that may be helpful for a university maths application (specifically cambridge). I would be extremely grateful as I am struggling to think of anything I can do to separate myself from other applicants!!!!
    Josh
    Get good UMS at AS.
    Read something extra, so you can mention it on your PS.
    Cover C3, C4 before interviews. (Some FP2 too).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Get good UMS at AS.
    Read something extra, so you can mention it on your PS.
    Cover C3, C4 before interviews. (Some FP2 too).
    Thanks for your response! I am looking in to getting some extra books to read and will definitely do my best to cover at least C3 & 4.

(Original post by JXSH)
    Thanks for your response! I am looking in to getting some extra books to read and will definitely do my best to cover at least C3 & 4.
    If you are unsure of what book to read and are open to suggestion, Cambridge offer a list https://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/sites/ww...nglist2016.pdf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    If you are unsure of what book to read and are open to suggestion, Cambridge offer a list https://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/sites/ww...nglist2016.pdf.
    Thanks a lot, that will be very helpful!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.