The Student Room Group

What can I do to enhance a Mathematics application for somewhere like Cambridge?

I am currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science (for now) at AS Level. I am very keen to do maths at university, specifically Cambridge.
I am ahead of the syllabus in both maths subjects and have not struggled with any of it. I am looking to get a head start to C3 so that I can possibly study extra modules next year or learn extra things. I also help Year 11s with GCSE maths and like to look further in to everything I learn at AS. I have looked through one STEP paper.

Is there anything anyone can suggest that may be helpful for a university maths application (specifically cambridge). I would be extremely grateful as I am struggling to think of anything I can do to separate myself from other applicants!!!!
Josh
Original post by JXSH
I am currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science (for now) at AS Level. I am very keen to do maths at university, specifically Cambridge.
I am ahead of the syllabus in both maths subjects and have not struggled with any of it. I am looking to get a head start to C3 so that I can possibly study extra modules next year or learn extra things. I also help Year 11s with GCSE maths and like to look further in to everything I learn at AS. I have looked through one STEP paper.

Is there anything anyone can suggest that may be helpful for a university maths application (specifically cambridge). I would be extremely grateful as I am struggling to think of anything I can do to separate myself from other applicants!!!!
Josh

Get good UMS at AS.
Read something extra, so you can mention it on your PS.
Cover C3, C4 before interviews. (Some FP2 too).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by EricPiphany
Get good UMS at AS.
Read something extra, so you can mention it on your PS.
Cover C3, C4 before interviews. (Some FP2 too).

Thanks for your response! I am looking in to getting some extra books to read and will definitely do my best to cover at least C3 & 4.
Original post by JXSH
Thanks for your response! I am looking in to getting some extra books to read and will definitely do my best to cover at least C3 & 4.

If you are unsure of what book to read and are open to suggestion, Cambridge offer a list https://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.maths.cam.ac.uk/files/css/readinglist2016.pdf.
Reply 4
Original post by EricPiphany
If you are unsure of what book to read and are open to suggestion, Cambridge offer a list https://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.maths.cam.ac.uk/files/css/readinglist2016.pdf.

Thanks a lot, that will be very helpful!
Original post by JXSH

Josh

If you dont mind can i know your GCSE results
Reply 6
Original post by The Big R"
If you dont mind can i know your GCSE results

JXSH hasn't been active on TSR since 2016

Latest