The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Guys also I kind of have this weird feeling that my RVC interview got really tanked.. Feel like I did awfully, and now I feel like I'm waiting for a rejection letter to come in rather than waiting for a decision. Has anyone else had this feeling? I know it's hard to tell how an MMI went, but sometimes your gut really sings to you...
Reply 3121
I do recall someone saying they had been rejected a couple of weeks back!
Original post by godhatesyashu
Guys also I kind of have this weird feeling that my RVC interview got really tanked.. Feel like I did awfully, and now I feel like I'm waiting for a rejection letter to come in rather than waiting for a decision. Has anyone else had this feeling? I know it's hard to tell how an MMI went, but sometimes your gut really sings to you...

Yep i felt like that after my cambridge interview, good thing is it made getting the rejection feel more like a weight off my shoulders than a disappointment :tongue:
Original post by godhatesyashu

I felt like this after my Surrey interview - I was pretty convinced that I was going to get that rejection pop up any day, especially when I heard people had been given offers in the days following the interview. I finished my interview, got into my car to drive home - and burst into tears, convinced that I had screwed up on every station. I completely wrote it off as even being an option for me anymore, which made me even more miserable as I'd found that I liked the campus even more when we looked around on the interview day. I moved on and decided not to think about it anymore. About 1.5 months later, at the start of January, I received a track update.. to inform me I'd been offered a place by Surrey. I have never been so shocked or relieved in my life. So - the moral to the story is that you never really know how you got on, it's probably true what they say about you being a poor judge of your own performance at interview and to never give up hope. Best of luck :smile:
Original post by luberry
I felt like this after my Surrey interview - I was pretty convinced that I was going to get that rejection pop up any day, especially when I heard people had been given offers in the days following the interview. I finished my interview, got into my car to drive home - and burst into tears, convinced that I had screwed up on every station. I completely wrote it off as even being an option for me anymore, which made me even more miserable as I'd found that I liked the campus even more when we looked around on the interview day. I moved on and decided not to think about it anymore. About 1.5 months later, at the start of January, I received a track update.. to inform me I'd been offered a place by Surrey. I have never been so shocked or relieved in my life. So - the moral to the story is that you never really know how you got on, it's probably true what they say about you being a poor judge of your own performance at interview and to never give up hope. Best of luck :smile:

This is so sweet! Thank you for sharing your story, it's made me way way WAY less scared of the dreaded UCAS track e-mails. Congrats on your offer btw :smile: I'll definitely keep my head up <3
Original post by LOM99
I do recall someone saying they had been rejected a couple of weeks back!

I believe these were rejections as a result of not filling out the WEPAPA in time (because they had missed it in their email inbox). I may be wrong though...
anyone heard from Bristol or Edinburgh, because i haven't, but ive got an interview at Nottingham
Original post by Henryharrison
anyone heard from Bristol or Edinburgh, because i haven't, but ive got an interview at Nottingham

Hi, have you received the Work Experience, Personal & Professional Attributes form (WEPAPA) from Bristol at all?? That's the next stage after they've scored you on your GCSE/predicted grades.

I can't comment on Edinburgh as I haven't applied there but I did receive the WEPAPA form only on 21st Dec and submitted it back to them 2nd Jan. Haven't heard anything else as yet.

Good luck with your Nottingham interview though :smile:
Reply 3128
Anyone heard from RVC the past couple of days? :smile:
Original post by LOM99

I believe they gave out some offers last Monday? Im still waiting though!
Original post by LOM99

I had my interview on 6th December...still waiting:frown:
Original post by LOM99

Still waiting to hear back myself! I’m so nervous😬x
I received and sent the wepapa form off in November but heard nothing since, same with Edinburgh. Thankyou, I’m really nervous, I don’t know how to prepare!!

Original post by tobevet2018
Hi, have you received the Work Experience, Personal & Professional Attributes form (WEPAPA) from Bristol at all?? That's the next stage after they've scored you on your GCSE/predicted grades.

I can't comment on Edinburgh as I haven't applied there but I did receive the WEPAPA form only on 21st Dec and submitted it back to them 2nd Jan. Haven't heard anything else as yet.

Good luck with your Nottingham interview though :smile:

I had my interview on the 6th as well and still haven’t heard anything from them
Reply 3134

Been waiting since the 6th too!!
Reply 3135
Original post by 04jduke

Same here! X
Original post by LOM99
Same here! X

Good luck x
Original post by Henryharrison

I received an invitation for an interview at Edinburgh in December and had the email from Bristol saying they were still considering late November but heard nothing else.
Original post by LOM99
Been waiting since the 6th too!!

Original post by Tillyb99
I had my interview on the 6th as well and still haven’t heard anything from them

Original post by 04jduke

Original post by Laurensav
I believe they gave out some offers last Monday? Im still waiting though!

Hopefully we'll all here soon...the wait is agony:frown::frown:

ditto! D: by when do you guys think we'll hear back? I heard it was by the end of January, but I could be wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending