Reply 40
xxLilsiexx
i got this to...:smile:

yay! :biggrin:
Reply 41
Phew, sorry to say it, but I'm glad we all did bad XD
Reply 42
cookieboy
Any ideas how the intermediate boundries work? My teacher told me out of 140, i need 55 marks.. is that about right because i got like B's on my Courseworks etc.. ? :confused:

They're usually near enough the same. ;yes;

From June 2006:
Reply 43
wat did u guys get for them inequalities right at the start??
i sware i messed up on them. They set a bad scene to the modular paper.
i fink i put summit like: n=3 for the first 1 and then n=3.75 and then 5 for the last 1. i woz really ****** off and couldnt even think coz of the bloody hot weather!
I did the AQA 3301 Intermediate or something and it was a resit and i thought it was tonnes easier than the one we had last year!

Although one question it had fractions and something about traffic leaving at B it just confused the hell outta me haha!
I did the higher A 3301 paper.

What did you guys get on that question where you got a quadrilateral (sp?) with one angle being 90 degrees and the others 3x-12 and so on?

At first I got x as 42 but then I by the end I realised that I didn't rearrange the eqaition properly so I ended up changing it. Now I wish I hadn't because I got a weird fraction as the answer and then they told us to stop writing... :frown:. And what did you get when it asked you to write the equation? I put x=288/6 :s-smilie:. I'm sure it must be wrong....

Oh, and that question where P was meant to be twice as big as Q. I think I might have missed it out...

HELP :frown:
westlife2005
I did the AQA 3301 Intermediate or something and it was a resit and i thought it was tonnes easier than the one we had last year!

Although one question it had fractions and something about traffic leaving at B it just confused the hell outta me haha!

i thought last year's paper was way easier. i did it as a practice one last week and got 88%.

yeah, the traffic light question was quite confusing. i got 60 at D, and i can't remember what the first part of the question was...
Reply 47
girl_in_black

What did you guys get on that question where you got a quadrilateral (sp?) with one angle being 90 degrees and the others 3x-12 and so on?

At first I got x as 42 but then I by the end I realised that I didn't rearrange the eqaition properly so I ended up changing it. Now I wish I hadn't because I got a weird fraction as the answer and then they told us to stop writing... :frown:. And what did you get when it asked you to write the equation? I put x=288/6 :s-smilie:. I'm sure it must be wrong....

Oh, and that question where P was meant to be twice as big as Q. I think I might have missed it out...

do you mean the x -3 + 3x-12 + 2x + 90 = 360 or something

it should have gone to 6x = 360 - 90 + 18
x = 288 - cnt remeber divided by 6

x was 48
then multiply by 3x - 12

thats what i did anyway
Reply 48
As usual with me, I find the last few questions fine, but tend to slip up on the easier earlier ones!

Overall, it was a fair exam I think, it had good points and bad points. I agree that the first question was very poorly worded though, but the very last question was easy to get at least 2 of the 4 marks for...
Venom123
do you mean the x -3 + 3x-12 + 2x + 90 = 360 or something

it should have gone to 6x = 360 - 90 + 18
x = 288 - cnt remeber divided by 6

x was 48
then multiply by 3x - 12

thats what i did anyway

yeah, thats it.

and i'm so stupid!!! why the hell was i not able to devide 288 by 6!!! i'm so frustrated now.... and it was only question 3 as well :frown:
Reply 50
I did the B Spec Higher and found it VERY hard! The last two questions were really hard!! We were never told that in simultaneous equations with one of the x values being squared, you can get 2 x and 2 y values!!

Was this the first year they had 6 mark questions? I can't remember any question on the past papers being more than 5...

How did everyone find the second last question? With the sphere and cone? I found it really hard and my teacher told me after it that I didnt have to solve it!! WHICH I DID :eek: Although it took me forever!!

Overall a very hard paper in my opinion, compared to the past papers I've seen.
mikeski
Was this the first year they had 6 mark questions? I can't remember any question on the past papers being more than 5...
One past paper had a simultaneous equation worth 7 marks. But there has never been a 6-mark question very early in the paper.
Hi.. What did everyone get for the first question? The reflection rotation and vector etc??
Reply 53
I cant remember exactly, but the center of rotation was something like (2.5,3) or something..
Reply 54
girl_in_black
yeah, thats it.

and i'm so stupid!!! why the hell was i not able to devide 288 by 6!!! i'm so frustrated now.... and it was only question 3 as well :frown:

lol don't get yourself down
I was unable to do a reflection :mad:
Struggled on the 3x(squared) one

My question is

I got A's on all my courseworkk
I probably got a B or C in this one

What would i need to get a B overall in the Calc paper
Do you think
Reply 55
Venom123
My question is

I probably got a B or C in this one

Do you think

Umm I don't think so... Out of 70 maybe in the high 30s/low 40s?
Reply 56
girl_in_black
yeah, thats it.

lol don't get yourself down
I was unable to do a reflection :mad:
Struggled on the 3x(squared) one

My question is

I probably got a B or C in this one, lets say C

Do you think its possible?

It is out of 100 on my exam board AQA 3301
Reply 57
this is the second post ive sent about this, sumone pleaseeeeeee answer me!! lol i did the aqa intermediate paper and was wondering what people think the grade boundary for a C would be? plzzz help
Reply 58
girl_in_black

The P and Q one was something like...

P = 3200/Q

If P was twice as big as Q, then:

2Q = 3200/Q

2Qsquared = 3200

Qsquared = 1600

So, Q = 40.

I think.
Reply 59
claire_x
The P and Q one was something like...