The Student Room Group

Brutal Homophobic Attack in Brighton, Sussex

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jeff548.
This is going to cause a riot but shows in a nutshell TSR.

NO MUSLIM CARRIED OUT THIS ATTACK. THAT'S WHY MUSLIMS ARE NOT BEING SLAYEd. IF A MUSLIM CARRIED OUT THIS ATTACK. THEN OUR RELIGION IS 'WRONG' AND OUR TEACHInGS ARE MOCKED.

SO WHY IS THERE NO BIG DEAL? A MUSLIM ATTACK LIKE THIS HAS BLOODY 20 PAGES OF ARGUMEnTS.

DENY ALL YOU WANT. YOU SAY MUSLIMS HATE HOMOSExUALS BUT IN YOUR BLOODY COUNTRY YOU'RE BEING MORONS YOURSELF. IT'S JUST RACISM AND DISCRIMINATION.

Don't bother replying to me. I couldn't give a f*** about your excuses and attempts to defence becasue I know exactly what you're gonna say but you're wasting your time. Stupid ****s

Original post by ivybridge
This is not at all relevant and I simply don't understand what you are getting at. Don't bother posting unwelcome, irrelevant, hateful garbage like this.

Where does the article say that the attacker was not Muslim? I cant see any mention of any religion in the article.
Original post by zetamcfc
Because some people don't like homosexuals, they have their reasons whether it be fear of the unknown, thinking it's morally disgusting according to their beliefs,religion etc. people have random views on things, this is unlikely to change.

I don't think that attacks like this happen because the perpetrator believes that homosexuality is wrong. It's more likely that they just wanted someone "different" from them to beat up to prove that they are "superior".
Because some people don't like homosexuals, they have their reasons whether it be fear of the unknown, thinking it's morally disgusting according to their beliefs,religion etc. people have random views on things, this is unlikely to change.

People thought the same thing about interracial marriages, times change. People wise up. There'll always be a small minority but that doesn't mean we should just ignore it.
Reply 43
Original post by The_Opinion
Where does the article say that the attacker was not Muslim? I cant see any mention of any religion in the article.

That's the point - I don't understand the user.

Original post by Trapz99
I don't think that attacks like this happen because the perpetrator believes that homosexuality is wrong. It's more likely that they just wanted someone "different" from them to beat up to prove that they are "superior".

That's a playground explanation. There are very clear anti-gay motives behind many of these sorts of attacks if not all of them.
Reply 44
Original post by Zargabaath
People thought the same thing about interracial marriages, times change. People wise up. There'll always be a small minority but that doesn't mean we should just ignore it.

Exactly right.
Original post by Dodgypirate
The **** is that?

Ace is short for asexual which is a lack of sexual attraction to other people and aro is short for aromantic which is a lack of romantic attraction to other people. There is a spectrum of ace and aro identities including gray-ace, gray-aro, demisexual, demiromantic.

(Disclaimer: I am neither ace nor aro so my definitions may not be accurate. If anyone on the ace and/or aro spectrums would like to correct me or provide more detail they are very welcome to.)

And some people still do feel that way.
And some people still do feel that way.

Yes the small minority I mentioned
Yes the small minority I mentioned

So you agreed with my point...
There will always be people against the LGBT community, thats how it will be due to religion or an irrational fear. That may also give an explanation for OPs strong anti islam agenda, which is ironic because here you are bitching about tolerance.
So you agreed with my point...

To an extent, the small minority that frown upon interracial relationships are much smaller then those who look down on LGBTs.
LGBT acceptance has further to go socially.
To an extent, the small minority that frown upon interracial relationships are much smaller then those who look down on LGBTs.
LGBT acceptance has further to go socially.

Would disagree to be honest, the people who dislike gays are more open than those who disagree with interracial relationships.
Reply 52
Original post by lolatmaths
There will always be people against the LGBT community, thats how it will be due to religion or an irrational fear. That may also give an explanation for OPs strong anti islam agenda, which is ironic because here you are bitching about tolerance.

My strong anti-Islam agenda? Sorry? You are having a laugh aren't you? I am one of so few on here who really strongly support muslims. You have got to be kidding me.
Would disagree to be honest, the people who dislike gays are more open than those who disagree with interracial relationships.

Perhaps, can't say I have any stats to make a claim on.
Reply 54

How do you even measure that? No.
Original post by lolatmaths

Considering in a few Islamic countries they would be killed, I don't find that too bad. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/02/24/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death/
How do you even measure that? No.

Personal experience listening to people, can't really go off anything else.
Reply 57
Considering in a few Islamic countries they would be killed, I don't find that too bad. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/02/24/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death/

I am not anti-Islam/anti-muslim in the slightest. I haven't the faintest clue where the user is getting this from.
I am not anti-Islam/anti-muslim in the slightest. I haven't the faintest clue where the user is getting this from.

What kind of mental gymnastics are you performing to be both pro-Islam and pro-LGBT+ rights?
Reply 59
Original post by Arkasia
What kind of mental gymnastics are you performing to be both pro-Islam and pro-LGBT+ rights?

I have had this discussion elsewhere and it is not relevant here. I am not "pro-islam" I suppose as in I don't promote or condone many of its concepts but I do not believe in Islamaphobia or discrimination/hatred/abuse of muslims.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending