The Student Room Group

Brighton Vs Sussex

So I've received offers from both Sussex and Brighton, but I don't know which one to choose. They are both so similar so which university do you think is a better choice for biomedical/medicine?
Original post by Imdead.
So I've received offers from both Sussex and Brighton, but I don't know which one to choose. They are both so similar so which university do you think is a better choice for biomedical/medicine?

I was going to say "Don't you like one city more than the other?" and then I remembered they're both in Brighton...

Don't you prefer one over the other, even if it is ever so slightly? Is your gut instinct truly silent on the matter? If so, I'd compare their differences - which one has the most societies? Cheapest rent? Proximity to the train station? Even petty stuff like which one has the prettiest buildings. That is admittedly a terrible way to decide which university to go to but if they're both truly tied, you want something - anything - to set them apart.
Original post by Imdead.

Status wise, i’d go for sussex
Original post by Imdead.

When you say biomedical/medicine what exactly do you mean? Do you have a BSMS offer for medicine or are you comparing 2 biomed/life science courses?
Reply 4
Original post by Scotland Yard
I was going to say "Don't you like one city more than the other?" and then I remembered they're both in Brighton...

Don't you prefer one over the other, even if it is ever so slightly? Is your gut instinct truly silent on the matter? If so, I'd compare their differences - which one has the most societies? Cheapest rent? Proximity to the train station? Even petty stuff like which one has the prettiest buildings. That is admittedly a terrible way to decide which university to go to but if they're both truly tied, you want something - anything - to set them apart.

I am leaning towards Sussex honestly because its higher ranked in academics etc and I think the campus looks nice and its a campus uni but I don't want to give up Brighton simply because its so close to the coast. i also wanted to see what other people think because spending 3-7 years somewhere is a long time😭
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
When you say biomedical/medicine what exactly do you mean? Do you have a BSMS offer for medicine or are you comparing 2 biomed/life science courses?

No, I have an offer for biomedical sciences but I'm hoping to transfer into medicine after year 1/3.
Original post by Imdead.
I am leaning towards Sussex honestly because its higher ranked in academics etc and I think the campus looks nice and its a campus uni but I don't want to give up Brighton simply because its so close to the coast. i also wanted to see what other people think because spending 3-7 years somewhere is a long time😭

Go for Sussex then. You'll still be sufficiently close to the coast!

But if you want to do Medicine, my suggestion is to not accept either offer and just take a gap year and reapply. Much simpler to get into Medicine that way, as well as much cheaper!
Reply 7
Original post by Scotland Yard
Go for Sussex then. You'll still be sufficiently close to the coast!

But if you want to do Medicine, my suggestion is to not accept either offer and just take a gap year and reapply. Much simpler to get into Medicine that way, as well as much cheaper!

yeah, unfortunately, it depends on grades 😭, But if I do get the grades I need for medicine come August I will probably take a gap year.
I think I will put Sussex as my Firm, and depending on my other offers I might just leave Brighton as my insurance.
"You can get from Brighton to Falmer in nine minutes by train. Four trains an hour go to Falmer during the day." it's no problem studying at Falmer if you want to get into town (or end up living in town and need to get to uni)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending