The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Physics is the only science i give 2 ****s about, but I got History and B.S tomorrow :frown: so can only revise for physics the day before
another manc! ^

well i think you should deff revise history if its tomorrow, and my friends who do B.S. say its pretty easy, so not much revision is needed?
Reply 42
D'oh... describing all the magnetic things is going to be a drag... I just wish I could copy + paste "Like charges/poles repel" and "unlike charges/poles attract"
Reply 43
Yeah I'm barely revising for BS tonight. And I've got additional maths.. which is a nightmare I don;'t think i'll bother revising for
Reply 44
Zen90
Physics is the only science i give 2 ****s about, but I got History and B.S tomorrow :frown: so can only revise for physics the day before

Zen, are you doing OCR Spec B History - apparently its all source based so you don't need to revise that much! I'm going to start my Physics and a bit of French now, so that I'm not too stressed tomorrow!
kimoso
Red shift?!!? What is that!? Aaaahhhh I so need to revise >_<

im not 100% sure but isnt red shift to do with galaxies?

the closer the point is to the red end of the spectrum the further away the galaxy is.

and the "red shift" shows that the galaxies are moving away at increasing velocity because the point is moving faster to the red end.

its all to do with the BIG BANG THEORY, that everything "blew up" and since then everything has been moving away from each other at increasing speeds.

sorry if my explanation is a bit weak...
Photocopiers are in the spec, as are smoke removers, or something. Read up on them, they've not come up recently!
Reply 47
tba
Zen, are you doing OCR Spec B History - apparently its all source based so you don't need to revise that much! I'm going to start my Physics and a bit of French now, so that I'm not too stressed tomorrow!

No i'm doing AQA spec B Russia/Germany :mad:
Reply 48
Exam tomorrow!
Reply 49
tc123
Exam tomorrow!

I know! :wink:

What are the average grade boundaries for Physics? 80%?
Reply 50
Does anyone know what percentage of the total mark the calculations make up? Let's say for some reason you get all the calculations right and nothing else what would you get?
Reply 51
If there is anyone who has done the past papers for the last few years, is there any noticable topic that has not come up that is likely to come up tomorrow? Also anything that has come up every year? Thanks! :smile:
Argh, I'm so annoyed. I did a table yesterday with all the sections and which came up in which exam, and it's gone now, so I can't remember it :frown:. There's always basic electronics, and I think something from one or both of the last 2 electronics thing. THough there's never been anything about the price of electricity recently, with kilowatt hours etc, so I hope that'll come up.
Reply 53
kimoso
Does anyone know what percentage of the total mark the calculations make up? Let's say for some reason you get all the calculations right and nothing else what would you get?

I'm guessing its 20-30%, just remember they try to be clever and make you convert units so look out for those.
Reply 54
Would anyone care to explain transistors to me? :smile: How much do we need to know about them?
Reply 55
Ahhhh! Any tips from anyone? Just thought I would bump this up a bit! :smile:
Reply 56
Oh dear... I've only revised half of electricity, but I'm quite confident with the equations - which topics should I focus on now???
Reply 57
Apparently photocopiers and smoke detectors are likely to come up... Not sure where everyone's getting that from, but I guess it's worth looking over :smile:

I've just got a bit more of the spec to go through... then I'm going to do some past paper questions... Anyone else who really can't be bothered revising?
Reply 58
Aww man, I'm predicted an A* got 30/30 in c/w but my tutor reckons i'll get a B :s-smilie:
Reply 59
izzy510
Would anyone care to explain transistors to me? :smile: How much do we need to know about them?

All we need to know is that they are a type of electrical switch, and that there is a diode connected to the relay thing to stop the transistor from being damanged by the sudden demagnetisation of the relay thing.

And that is all. The specification explicitly states that we do NOT have to know anything else about em :biggrin:

Latest