The Student Room Group

AQA AS 2016 - CHEM1 (Resit) Unoffical Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by koolgurl14
Question 1 b is electric field not magnetic field based on 2010 past paper.

1e Similarity : same relative abundance (or same height of peaks) Reason : same sample is used so similar amount of the isotopes are present . Difference is the m/z reason : High ionisation causes more than one electron knocked out so the charge is more than 1 so the mass of charge gets smaller so peaks will be to left of the graph.

The emperical formula it was Cu3 (CO3)2 OH it was clear from the question cause they told you at the start metal carbonate are based of the ions OH and CO3.

I got Cu3(oh)2(CO3)2
Original post by Jackmilne95
Im probably being retarded and blind lol, but doesnt your answer only have 7 oxygens?

Oh my god yeah my bad it had to be like this, damn it i forgot the two in the real exam though :'(
Cu3 (CO3)2 (OH)2
Original post by ahsan_ijaz
I don't think it's wrong because the Q asked for vol of phosphorous oxide so you would do 220/ mr of p4o10
Like I feel just because the unofficial ms says that doesn't mean it's right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah idk tbh, have to wait til august, hopefully xD
Oh my god yeah my bad it had to be like this, damn it i forgot the two in the real exam though :'(
Cu3 (CO3)2 (OH)2

hehe, no worries :smile: yeah, that looks correct, hopefully they accept any format as long as the numbers are correct.
Original post by j5994
I said for the second shape question, that it was acting as a Trigonal Bipyramid as it has 4 bonding pairs and 1 lone pair, taking 2.5 from each, so 117.5 and 87.5. the question said bond angle(s)

Would they accept 118?
Reply 85
Can anyone remember how question 6c the percentage yield question was worked out?
Reply 86

1e Similarity : same relative abundance (or same height of peaks) Reason : same sample is used so similar amount of the isotopes are present . Difference is the m/z reason : High ionisation causes more than one electron knocked out so the charge is more than 1 so the mass of charge gets smaller so peaks will be to left of the graph.

The emperical formula it was Cu3 (CO3)2 OH it was clear from the question cause they told you at the start metal carbonate are based of the ions OH and CO3.

It's an electromagnetic field. Not an electric field
Reply 87

1e could be a multiple of things. I'll add yours in.
Emperical formula could be written any way it still shows the ratio of atoms.
It's and electromagnetic field not an electric field they are two different things.
Reply 88
I dont really know tbh how I remembered it all haha.
I'll try an answer ur questions:

1e) Yeh should get amrks for that
2c) no that's wrong
3b) I hope I get this i put 2,4,4
4b) multiples allowed yeah
4d) it's not wong. I double checked it. You find the percentage mass and work it from there
4e0 You should get amrks for 180 degrees because that's the bond angle for S-F-S which is allowed I think.
Original post by ahsan_ijaz
I don't think it's wrong because the Q asked for vol of phosphorous oxide so you would do 220/ mr of p4o10
Like I feel just because the unofficial ms says that doesn't mean it's right

Posted from TSR Mobile

no you'd divide it by P4 Mr because you were given the mass of P4 not the mass of P4O10. You find the moles of P4 then check the mole to mole ratio for the chemical reaction. You can't assume there is 220g of P4O10
Original post by Manexopi
I'm such an idiot and didn't realise co2 was formed and put h2co3 and water instead (don't ask).Then I wrote the colour of cucl4 as my observation fml.
this is exactly what I did :'( argh I hope they allow some a2 knowledge :L
Reply 91
Can someone put how many marks next to the questions if they can remember??
Reply 92
Original post by ChloeAM
Can anyone remember how question 6c the percentage yield question was worked out?

You work out the theretical yield of mass you get which was about 2210.88g and use that against the afctual yeild to get the percentage yield.

1.09x103 / 2210.88 = 0.493

X 100 = 49.3%
Reply 93
Original post by Mixy246
Can someone put how many marks next to the questions if they can remember??

If anyone remembers I will add them :smile:
Yes you are right and i got that too but then you had to change it in the form of Cu CO3 and OH so in urs (which is like mine) Cu3(CO3)2OH and if you count the number of carbons and hydrogens it is the same as your so u might get a mark for the working and u writing that but i think the question had 4/5 marks which is probably for writing it in this form instead

Im pretty sure its Cu3 (CO3)2 (OH)2 otherwise the compound will have a +1 charge.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 95
Just search it up, Chemguide explained that lone pairs need to be in a spot that casues the least repulsion. The horizontal plane is what it should be.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-molecular-geometry-of-SF4
i got 32. something for the RAM did anyone get the same??????
for the empirical formula i got cu as 1.5, hydrogen as 1 carbon as 1 and oxygen as 4 and i left it like that do i get no marks???
Reply 98
Original post by Dankailen
i got 32. something for the RAM did anyone get the same??????

That cant be right. Thats not close to 28/29. You should get a value which is close what it is in the periodic table.

Original post by Dankailen
for the empirical formula i got cu as 1.5, hydrogen as 1 carbon as 1 and oxygen as 4 and i left it like that do i get no marks???

You probably lost 1 or at most 2 marks.
Original post by SirRaza97
That cant be right. Thats not close to 28/29. You should get a value which is close what it is in the periodic table.

You probably lost 1 or at most 2 marks.

but when i did the calculation it came out as 32. something how did you get 28??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending