The Student Room Group

Can someone please help me

Im currently practicing AQA A Level Biology and I have two teacher, ill call the C and M
I am doing well in Cs class but I am completely failing Ms class,
I feel like I do everything and nothing works, I watch videos, i have revised the textbook, I do AQA a level past papers but whenever I do Ms papers they are completely different to what I have practiced.
She says the tests are based off the textbook but the textbook barely covers anything, and leaves a lot of knowledge out. The wording of the questions is complete ******** and the mark scheme is impossible to understand.
I've found out that she uses old spec papers but I can't find any of the papers or their mark schemes online

I've tried `asking her for a link to any website where there are old spec questions (2004-2009) twice but she gave the same response every time "FocUS on tHe QuEstIonS NoT The MarK SChemE"
The mark schemes are completely different to the AQA specification so how the **** does she expect me to just practice questions if both Mark schemes will give me different results to the same questions

what even worse is that she's writing the test herself so I'm completely ****ed, most of the class get D and Cs apart from the people who's siblings went to the school before.

PLEASE does anyone have any advice that I can use, Its my Goal to work in a biochemistry course but that's looking less likely every day
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Practice the real AQA past papers and mark them realistically yourself and then use the grade boundaries from those papers. That will give you the best understanding at which level you are working at. If you say they the whole class is getting C's and D's and you are getting similar grades then don't get too stressed.
Reply 3
ask the people with siblings what they do. If they won't tell you or your too shy then work hard for mocks to try and get a good predicted grade

Quick Reply

Latest