The Student Room Group

DUMBEST exam mistake

i may have spilt water over my history exam after 1 hour and 30 mins, and all the ink ran... tears
WHAT are you worst exam mistakes???????

ill just add this was a mock so im saved by the grace of god
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Is the writing not readable at all anymore ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought 8 squared was 81 ;((
you've ****ed up now.
Original post by nj1234
i may have spilt water over my history exam after 1 hour and 30 mins, and all the ink ran... tears
WHAT are you wost exam mistakes???????

As for worst exam mistakes I've just done your basic simple numerical errors, never spilt water over my exam or anything like that. In one of my prelims though my timing was terrible and I had to miss out like 12 marks worth of questions in a 100 mark exam. Was on question 12 of 16 when there was like 5 minutes left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by RossB1702
Is the writing not readable at all anymore ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont worry, i wasnt a real exam it was a mock, im in year 10, but yh
Reply 6
WHO ELSE HAS DONE THIS, ACCIDENTLLY MISSED OUT 4 PAGES FROM THIER MATHS TEST AND THINK THEY FINISHED EARLY
ultra cringe face
In my GCSE English language GCSE my phone went off ; It was in my bag. I thought I was screwed, but it turned out to be fine in the end.
Reply 8
In Chemistry coursework there were 2 chances to leave early if you were finished and I thought the second 'early time' was the end of the whole time so I left and then wasn't allowed back in:frown:
In a mock exam question for Classics, I misread the question and produced a good essay on the wrong topic.
Unfortunately we don't tend to find the dumbest ones because we don't notice them at the time, and aren't significant enough to remember.

My 'dumbest' so far was resolving using energy principles to find the maximum height of an object moving in a vertical circle rather than tension in the string, but I'm sure that's not the kinda answer you wanted :wink:
Reply 11
close call, RIP my maths mock exam, hope it never has to come down to that again
Reply 12
Original post by Alexion
Unfortunately we don't tend to find the dumbest ones because we don't notice them at the time, and aren't significant enough to remember.

My 'dumbest' so far was resolving using energy principles to find the maximum height of an object moving in a vertical circle rather than tension in the string, but I'm sure that's not the kinda answer you wanted :wink:

xD ur still awesome bro!
Original post by nj1234
xD ur still awesome bro!

:lol: :hugs:
On my Biology, I missed out the last page for an exam, where I knew all the answers, because that is when I decided to do the 6- marker. And then I forgot about it.

Was 5 UMS off an A*. -_____-
Reply 15
Guys its that moment when the invigilator walks by you, u havent done anything, but you somehow look supsicious... just me? ok il stop posting now..........
There are a couple that I've had. In my French GCSE Listening exam the audio was muffled, I didn't pay too much attention to it and I probably should've notified one of the invigilators. Luckily the reading paper was easy but I'm not sure if I scraped an A on the listening.
Reply 17
Original post by flyingpanda
On my Biology, I missed out the last page for an exam, where I knew all the answers, because that is when I decided to do the 6- marker. And then I forgot about it.

Was 5 UMS off an A*. -_____-

i suppose we can only regret the dissions we made... move on stand tall, when you get angry, stand taller
Reply 18
Original post by HurtfulHarold
There are a couple that I've had. In my French GCSE Listening exam the audio was muffled, I didn't pay too much attention to it and I probably should've notified one of the invigilators. Luckily the reading paper was easy but I'm not sure if I scraped an A on the listening.

ii pray 4 ya
Original post by nj1234
ii pray 4 ya

Thanks, my coursework was good so hopefully I can still get an A*. An A would be fine too, however,

Quick Reply

Latest