The Student Room Group

there's no way to revoke a bad exam at uni right?

I did an exam yesterday, which counted for 50% of my module.
I was somehow totally out of it and didn't think of searching the textbook for answers even though it was an open book exam, and relied solely on my lecture and tutorial notes regretting not making enough of them. Found out later from friends that most of the answers were on the textbook (which I had on my shelf). I feel stupid, angry, and in despair as I think I might have failed. Has anybody been on the same boat? Were you able to do anything about it?
I understand how you feel after the recent exam mishap. Overlooking the textbook in an open book exam is a mistake many could make under stress. Remember, one exam doesn't define your entire academic journey. Consider this a learning opportunity for future exams. It's also a good idea to talk to your instructor about your concerns; they might offer some insights or solutions. In the past I have had the opportunity to re-do coursework, so your academic team will be able to advise what is possible for you. Meanwhile, focus on upcoming assignments or exams to balance out this experience. Remember, everyone makes mistakes, and it's how we grow from them that matters. Stay positive and don't be too hard on yourself.
Original post by Anonymous
I did an exam yesterday, which counted for 50% of my module.
I was somehow totally out of it and didn't think of searching the textbook for answers even though it was an open book exam, and relied solely on my lecture and tutorial notes regretting not making enough of them. Found out later from friends that most of the answers were on the textbook (which I had on my shelf). I feel stupid, angry, and in despair as I think I might have failed. Has anybody been on the same boat? Were you able to do anything about it?

I'm sorry to hear this :frown:

You won't be able to overturn it. Virtually all universities operate a "fit to sit" policy in which by the mere fact of starting an exam, you declare yourself fit to sit it, so even if you were unwell, it's pretty much impossible to dispute the result of an exam once you already sat it. So, you have nothing to do but live and learn.

At least you checked some resources, so that should have helped, hopefully!
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending