The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes, but for getting a 2 in step I :wink:
Reply 2
GordonP
Anyone else completely ****ed? (STEP III)

G

I'll let you know on Wednesday.... but probably yes!!

Whcih grade do you need (I need a 2..)
GordonP
Anyone else completely ****ed? (STEP III)

G

Haha yes I'm doing STEP II on Friday and I need to get a 2 in either of them but decided I much preferred STEP II so have been concentrating on that. Saying that I have only looked at one STEP III paper and not even done any questions so that should be fun :rolleyes:
I need 1,1 for Cam or a 2 for Warwick (but I think Ive managed the non STEP based offer:biggrin: )...

lei_armstrong
Warwick here I come...

G
Reply 5
3 hours doesn't seem as long as it once did...
I'm not too worried about time actually (neither should you be Speleo, the rate you do STEP questions at!). I'm just worried that I'll look through the paper and see absolutely nothing I can do.

Tomorrow should be okay for me though (I'm sitting I, not III). Friday could be interesting though.
Reply 7
I thought the exact same thing as you until I did FP2 (can't comment on FP3 yet :tongue:) on friday and it took me at least an hour and a quarter to get through. Two and a bit times that length doesn't seem that much now. It also doesn't help that I'm better at STEP II :tongue:

What's causing me a bit of stress is that I have very little conception of how good I am at STEP relative to the average person who's taking it. How do you guys think we (as in maths forum posters) rate as a group compared to the average Cambridge offer holder?

Moaning aside, it should be fun :smile:
I am annoyed with myself. Was getting regular 1's in both when practising couple of weeks back, so decided to stick to A-levels. Came back after FP3, did a III, and scraped a 2 :frown: so am concerned (needing a 1 in both). Will be working through the night then...
Reply 9
OscarW
I am annoyed with myself. Was getting regular 1's in both when practising couple of weeks back, so decided to stick to A-levels. Came back after FP3, did a III, and scraped a 2 :frown: so am concerned (needing a 1 in both). Will be working through the night then...

:ditto: :frown:

Still, I'm feeling relatively confident about tomorrow.
Reply 10
Another Trinity person :biggrin:

(of course I am hoping for you to fail miserably at STEP :tongue:)
Likewise :wink:

Still, i'm glad we've got III first. Apparently it's the one they care about, so 1 or nothing. Means if it was an absolute nightmare, can ditch II and start celebrating early :biggrin: (bout time too)
Reply 12
OscarW
Apparently it's the one they care about, so 1 or nothing.

D:
Where did you hear that?
A tutor I had from Cambridge. Most give allowances for missing one slightly, but they are not even a little relaxed bout the 1 needed for III. It's supposedly a Trinity thing tho, so don't all panic :smile:

On the plus side, they care less bout II
Reply 14
Woohoo go Trinity!

Worst of lucks to both of you tomorrow!

And if III is the only thing they care about, they must really dislike me, seeing as I won't even do III. :wink:

But yeah, make sure you do ditch II, please? :p:
Reply 15
pfff step seems pretty easy
i dont see what all the excitement is about
Not counting the evil geniuses that get away without doing III (must have been one great interview). Guess we did not show the mathematical flair needed for an easy offer :p:

The rest of us must suffer for our essential 1
Reply 17
do cam ever give out offers requiring S grades?
Reply 18
None that I've ever heard of.
Reply 19
OscarW
Not counting the evil geniuses that get away without doing III (must have been one great interview). Guess we did not show the mathematical flair needed for an easy offer :p:

The rest of us must suffer for our essential 1

Poor you...

I think it's actually standard practice to give I, II offers to EU/International applicants. Because of different contents taught in Maths in school perhaps?

Latest