The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by dania.abdalla
I've definitely been a Labour supporter, especially after Corbyn became leader. However i live in a conservative 'safe seat' constituency so it might be a bit harder finding work experience for the labour party in my area :smile:

I'm a bit skeptical about Corbyn, I don't agree with him on all issues and his leadership was a worry but is getting better. I guess some might call me a "Blairite" but I refuse to be called that and would rather be called a social democrat as I think that's where my views lie on the political spectrum. You could always do work experience with your MP even though they're a Tory but if you want to focus on Labour, I guess you should join the party (I will at a later date) and try to find something to be involved in.
Reply 981
Original post by MrMackyTv
Yes I do want to go to uni :smile: I want to study in the field of either Politics or Economics. PPE looks quite interesting so I am thinking about taking that at uni. What about you?

It's okay Jacky, I will find another Tory. Don't you worry :smile: We have evil plans :smile:

:biggrin: lol our fierce rivalry
Yes I do want to go to uni :smile: I want to study in the field of either Politics or Economics. PPE looks quite interesting so I am thinking about taking that at uni. What about you?

It's okay Jacky, I will find another Tory. Don't you worry :smile: We have evil plans :smile:

Same, I think PPE has a nice mix of subjects as I can do both politics and economics. Law could also be a probability for me but I'm still debating whether I would suit a career in law.
Same, I think PPE has a nice mix of subjects as I can do both politics and economics. Law could also be a probability for me but I'm still debating whether I would suit a career in law.

Yeah that's why I like PPE, it's got a nice mixture of subjects and if you want to become an MP that's what most of them have so it helps :smile:
Original post by JTran38
I'm a bit skeptical about Corbyn, I don't agree with him on all issues and his leadership was a worry but is getting better. I guess some might call me a "Blairite" but I refuse to be called that and would rather be called a social democrat as I think that's where my views lie on the political spectrum. You could always do work experience with your MP even though they're a Tory but if you want to focus on Labour, I guess you should join the party (I will at a later date) and try to find something to be involved in.

I agree that Cobryns leadership hasn't been the best but I think he gets way too much scrutiny from the press and I think he is one of the more genuine politicians in Westminster
I'm a conservative and I live in a Labour area so I will have to look elsewhere for work experience too.

You're basically me. I used to support UKIP, but now their purpose is basically fulfilled. My MPs a prominent Labour MP who called to overturn the Referendum result. I even see him on his bike riding around and my blood boils. I used to live in Jezza Corbyn's constituency as well, at least, he was a genuine guy (even though I don't agree with him). In London, especially, people just vote for the guy whose name is next to Labour, most don't even know their own MP.
Original post by BobBobson
You're basically me. I used to support UKIP, but now their purpose is basically fulfilled. My MPs a prominent Labour MP who called to overturn the Referendum result. I even see him on his bike riding around and my blood boils. I used to live in Jezza Corbyn's constituency as well, at least, he was a genuine guy (even though I don't agree with him). In London, especially, people just vote for the guy whose name is next to Labour, most don't even know their own MP.

That's quite true. I live in Birmingham. Especially in the suburbs very close to the central zone they tend to automatically tick the box if it says Labour next to it. But things are sort of changing now. A lot of Labour constituencies are expected to go in the next GE to UKIP, especially the council estates.

It was actually reported that a party that would want to overturn the referendum result would beat UKIP and Labour, the only party willing to do that is the Lib Dems... so the 2020 GE is going to be interesting indeed - we could see a new opposition. I just hope my party carries out A50 properly and we are taken out of the EU with minimal impacts to our economy.

(I just noticed this is the Year 11 thread! Not the Politics thread xD)
Original post by ayesha36j
Anyone stressed about the exams or is it just me? I'm fine with everything else it's just maths any good revision sources?

Here's some websites for maths: corbett maths, kesh maths, mathsmadeeasy, justmaths, onmaths

Good luckkk!!!
Reply 988
I agree that Cobryns leadership hasn't been the best but I think he gets way too much scrutiny from the press and I think he is one of the more genuine politicians in Westminster

I haven't meet him in person but he does sound like a nice guy despite all the media attention he's receiving.
Reply 989
Original post by BobBobson

In my constituency people actually know who their MP is and yes they're a Labour MP so I don't understand that point, maybe it's just me.
Hello everyone my name is MrMackyTv!
- I like gaming and I am also a political enthusiast, I love politics and having debates, it is a really interesting subject and it's very wide too!
- I am taking 11 GCSEs. That is:

Maths (Edexcel)

Physics (AQA)

Chemistry (AQA)

Biology (AQA)

English Language (AQA)

English Literature (AQA)

Religious Studies (AQA)

ICT (Edexcel)

French (AQA)

History (AQA)

Geography (AQA)

(All of them except two are AQA lol)

- No, I am not ready for Year 11 nor am I ready for the new GCSE but hopefully I will be more prepared in the coming days, weeks and months and end up not doing to bad :smile:
- I have really lost my favourites, but I am really good at Maths and I like History, so if I had to choose it would be History because it's quite interesting.
- Don't really have a dream career but I hope it has something to do with Economics or Politics :biggrin:

Yep that first sentence is pretty much summed up by your profile pic :smile:
When is everyone's mocks?
Who's revised yet?
Original post by Bluefish X
Who's revised yet?

My mocks are in December but I have two Numeracy papers next week, so I'll be proritising those in the meantime. Once they're over, I can finally prioritise English Literature (my Unit 1 paper is in January) and set aside some time to revise and prepare for my mocks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who's revised yet?

Mine are just after Christmas break - rip my holiday. I'm starting to revise for them now, with my main focus being on science because I really need to catch up and turn things around so I can get good current grades for sixth form application.

What about you?
I got mocks after half term...any tips ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who's revised yet?

January. Gonna start revising in the Christmas break.

Also, 1000 post hype.
Yep that first sentence is pretty much summed up by your profile pic :smile:

:biggrin:
Who's revised yet?

We might have ours earlier than this but the one I saw on the school calendar was in January.

I was revising Biology and Spanish in the half term but thats about it. I also learnt my lines for this musical we're doing but I'm only in it for one scene haha.
Original post by JTran38
Defo not right now, I think the main priority is to work for the good GCSE grades but obviously balance that with social life. I might look for a job in the Summer depending on the circumstances, maybe some volunteering as getting paid part-time at this age isn't easy.

Same as me. Where's everyone going for work experience week? And has your school done the whole year 11 into 12 Presentation Evening?
Mine are in November. I'm not going to enjoy my birthday as it's the same time as the mocks! But I am revising a lot.

Latest