The Student Room Group

Cashing In

I'm slightly confused by the concept of this.

Basically, I've done my Law A level this year but I've re-sat LW2 (AS exam) as well. However, my resit didn't go as planned and I've done worse in that than the first time round. I don't *think* I've 'cashed in' either result. Will I therefore be able to keep my first result?

If I've cashed it in the second time, I assume I have to keep the result?

Help much appreciated, thanks.
Carrie1
I'm slightly confused by the concept of this.

Basically, I've done my Law A level this year but I've re-sat LW2 (AS exam) as well. However, my resit didn't go as planned and I've done worse in that than the first time round. I don't *think* I've 'cashed in' either result. Will I therefore be able to keep my first result?

If I've cashed it in the second time, I assume I have to keep the result?

Help much appreciated, thanks.

Well you will always keep the higher grade. You don't cash in as such after AS only when you fully finish your A level and the results come out.
Reply 2
Hmmm, but there's a box on the entry forms for cashing in and I'm not sure whether I ticked it the second time round or not.
Hmmmmm we never had to do this. Sorry if my suggestion isn't correct for you.

**bump**

Can someone help this girl?? Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Well I'm *hoping* what you say is right, but I'm a little worried in case it is not, in which case results day becomes doomsday! :smile:
Reply 5
The highest mark out of your last 2 attempts at the exam is the one that goes towards the final grade.

Cashing in applies to AS level. If you cash in then you get a grade and a certificate for the AS result. Some schools/colleges do this automatically, and others don't. Whether you cashed in at AS or not, your AS modules will still count towards your final A2 result.
Reply 6
Even if I cashed in the wrong one? As in I wish to keep the first but I may have cashed in the second?
Reply 7
Yes. It's the highest mark out of the last 2 exams that you sat that counts. Both will appear on your results slip. Actually, you have to cash in at A2 also. It really refers to whether or not you get a certificate. But don't worry, if you forgot to tick the box, I'm sure someone in the exams department at your school/college would have checked through them.

Latest