The Student Room Group

Where do you usually use cash in your day-to-day life?

I'm currently an international student at UCL and just moved to London. I'm curious about how often people use cash in their everyday life. Where do people typically use cash? Trying to figure out how much cash I should change to cover my daily expenses.
Original post by Cherryemmm
I'm currently an international student at UCL and just moved to London. I'm curious about how often people use cash in their everyday life. Where do people typically use cash? Trying to figure out how much cash I should change to cover my daily expenses.

I use very little cash now. Just the £1 for the supermarket trolley but I get that back.:biggrin:
I use it almost everywhere, but then again, I don't have a smartphone. Suppose I'm in the minority there, haha
Reply 3
Pub and smaller local shops.
Reply 4
I don't really use cash at all now.
Bakery, butchers shop, cafes, car boot sales, cash&carry, fish&chip shop, market stalls, the pub, takeaway restaurants.
Original post by Cherryemmm

I use it all the time for most of my day to day spending.
Sometimes for a taxi? Occasionally they don't have a card payment thing. Also cash makes it easier to tip.

Pretty rarely otherwise though these days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending