The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by JoannaFeb
When I emailed them they said they'll be sending out 'interview dates and materials.' Does anyone have an idea what that second part means? Are they going to have an assessment of any sort for which I might need materials? I have an interview with Sheffield next week and there's going to be an English and Maths assessment for all foundation applicants, but there's no mention of anything similar in the Durham interviews. Also, how often do the give out offers without interviews in the foundation centre?

I received an offer without an interview or any assessments for Politics with start in October this year.

If you're interested in some statistics on Foundation Centre admissions, this document says its the second most applied for department with roughly 26% of applicants receiving U or C offers, so I can imagine they make you sit some kind of assessment since grades are not really factored in to any substantial measure as I understand it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I've an applicant day /.interview on 22nd February for diagnostic radiography ... Anyone been already or going on same day
Reply 62
Original post by jct1993
So good to know that there are plenty of people in the same situation as me!

I'm 23 and heading to Durham straight from full time employment to study Business with foundation. Applied to John Snow and got my offer shortly before Christmas.

Is everyone else at Queens or are there any foundation years been done at Durham?

applied for the same, yet to hear yet. what was your offer if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 63
Hi all - Has anyone with an offer been allocated a college?

I was told that my foundation year would be in Stockton but I've been put in Butler, which was unexpected. I've emailed the admissions people but in the mean time, has anyone else experienced the same thing?
Reply 64
Original post by j.c456
applied for the same, yet to hear yet. what was your offer if you dont mind me asking?

My offer is unconditional which was a surprise, thought there might be an interview or something!
Reply 65
Original post by jct1993
My offer is unconditional which was a surprise, thought there might be an interview or something!

how long did you wait for response?
Reply 66
Original post by j.c456
how long did you wait for response?

It was about 6 weeks I think, agonising wait. When did you apply?
Reply 67
Original post by jct1993

start of january
Original post by jct1993

I applied Mid-November for Economics with Foundation.
Killing me waiting to hear back for an interview mate :sad:

Don't think reading the other Durham forums and hearing everyone getting their allocated colleges is really helping haha :lol:
Reply 69
Original post by BigBadAsh
I applied Mid-November for Economics with Foundation.
Killing me waiting to hear back for an interview mate :sad:

Don't think reading the other Durham forums and hearing everyone getting their allocated colleges is really helping haha :lol:

Hang in there! Are you certain that you'll have to sit through an interview? I didn't have to.
I was really hoping we would hear from them today, they did say they would send out interview information mid-February! I hope we'll at least know by the end of the week.
Reply 71
Original post by jct1993
Hi all - Has anyone with an offer been allocated a college?

I was told that my foundation year would be in Stockton but I've been put in Butler, which was unexpected. I've emailed the admissions people but in the mean time, has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Stockton? That sounds strange - who told you that? I was allocated to St. Johns today for Politics with Foundation.
Reply 72
Original post by Kharon1
Stockton? That sounds strange - who told you that? I was allocated to St. Johns today for Politics with Foundation.

Well it was the woman in charge of the admissions to the foundation centre, which was definitely based at Queens campus in Stockton.

If it's changed since November then fair enough, more than happy with that! It's a right sh1thole
Reply 73
Original post by jct1993
Well it was the woman in charge of the admissions to the foundation centre, which was definitely based at Queens campus in Stockton.

If it's changed since November then fair enough, more than happy with that! It's a right sh1thole

What have you applied for exactly?
Reply 74
Original post by Kharon1
What have you applied for exactly?

Business with foundation - when I started my application the colleges you could choose were the 14 city ones, but when I finished it the only two choices were Snow and Stevo, hence my surprise
Reply 75
Original post by jct1993
Business with foundation - when I started my application the colleges you could choose were the 14 city ones, but when I finished it the only two choices were Snow and Stevo, hence my surprise

If I'm reading the course catalog correctly you'll indeed be in Durham City - not the Stockton campus.
Reply 76
Fantastic. Well happy about that, glad to be in Butler too - looks a right blast. Cheers!
Original post by Kharon1
Hang in there! Are you certain that you'll have to sit through an interview? I didn't have to.

Got my invite today!
Says on the email I have to attend and interview and assessment day.

No actual information on the email as to how to prepare however.. :indiff:
Reply 78
Original post by BigBadAsh
Got my invite today!
Says on the email I have to attend and interview and assessment day.

No actual information on the email as to how to prepare however.. :indiff:

Congratulations on the invite! I wish I had any advice for you regarding the interview and assessment, but alas... Good luck though!
Original post by Kharon1
Congratulations on the invite! I wish I had any advice for you regarding the interview and assessment, but alas... Good luck though!

Thank you!

Much appreciated! :h:

Latest