The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University Clearing 2023

This is a thread to discuss Durham University for Clearing 2023.

You can find their current course listings here >>

Find other Clearing discussions here on TSR >>

You can find more support in our Applications, Clearing and UCAS forum.

Good luck with everything!

Scroll to see replies

If Durham are as slow at processing Clearing applications as they were for their main admissions cycle, you'll still be waiting to hear in December
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Anyone heard yet from Durham Clearing after submitting application today?
Reply 3
I haven't. I was told I would hear by 2pm but still nothing :frown:
Original post by aehwgl khgo
Anyone heard yet from Durham Clearing after submitting application today?
Reply 4
Same
Hope we all hear soon.
Reply 5
What course are you trying for?
Original post by aehwgl khgo
Same
Hope we all hear soon.
Reply 6
Original post by tinman65
I haven't. I was told I would hear by 2pm but still nothing :frown:

I called and asked and they said we should have confirmation by the end of the day
Reply 7
That's now!
Reply 8
Same, still no reply
Reply 9
Has anyone heard anything today?
Reply 10
Original post by lewism23
Has anyone heard anything today?

They just gave me a provisional offer now
missed my offer and was interviewed for a foundation year yesterday, they said the latest i would hear back would be by evening today.. not a word since the interview. getting worried.
Original post by Anonymous
missed my offer and was interviewed for a foundation year yesterday, they said the latest i would hear back would be by evening today.. not a word since the interview. getting worried.

Slowest university out there, just wait.

Try not to panic! Evening is hours off yet. They'll likely contact you sometime this afternoon. Try doing something to take your mind off it - just keep your phone nearby. Good luck! :smile:
just got an update saying my application was unsuccessful?? perhaps it was bc i applied for fulltime law, but im so confused does this mean i have to go into clearing now?
is it unsuccessful for my original application and will they replace it w something else? im so confused
is it unsuccessful for my original application and will they replace it w something else? im so confused

If you have a rejection then you will either have to reapply for next year or find another course/university in clearing.
Hi
My son has been given a provisional offer to study maths at Durham. He has now added this clearing choice on his UCAS hub. It says ‘waiting for decision’. He had to decline his insurance choice (Uni of Nottingham) to do this. He didn’t get into his firm choice at Warwick because he missed by one grade ( got 2A*1A instead of 3A*). Since Durham gave him a provisional offer and my son is accepting it, they must honour this, mustn’t they ? I am now so worried that they might reject him. What happens next ?
I would love to find out when we get allocated our rooms. It would be an absolute **** take if they stuck students such as myself into catered accommodation, to which is simply not affordable for me (I even get the max maintenance loan). I will completely miss clearing alternatives if we have to wait too long.
Original post by Superkatla
Hi
My son has been given a provisional offer to study maths at Durham. He has now added this clearing choice on his UCAS hub. It says ‘waiting for decision’. He had to decline his insurance choice (Uni of Nottingham) to do this. He didn’t get into his firm choice at Warwick because he missed by one grade ( got 2A*1A instead of 3A*). Since Durham gave him a provisional offer and my son is accepting it, they must honour this, mustn’t they ? I am now so worried that they might reject him. What happens next ?

When was he given this offer? If it was today, then Durham should honour it (Hopefully).

Quick Reply

Latest