College help??

University Navigation

    • Thread Starter

    I would prefer to be in a more traditional/older college that's really friendly. I like playing sports (netball, tennis, lacrosse) but am not too great so wondered if there was anything for that. Also, if you don't get into the college you request do you have any choice in which one you are placed in instead? Plus, is it better to be in a shared or single room?? Thanks )

    Perhaps have a look at Mary's? Pretty much everyone I know there is involved in sport of some kind (saying this as a non-sporty person myself, so I don't know them through it!), it's older and more traditional, but also very friendly from what I've been told. As for single vs. shared, at Mary's you get a choice after your first term as to which you want through the room ballot, so you're not stuck in one situation all year!

    Sadly, you get no say in which college you're reallocated to unless you can provide medical evidence for requiring a particular facility (such as self-catering or accessibility support).
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.