The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Havent gotten accomodation yet!

I got a provisional place at st johns but ive still not got any news about accomodation or colleges so ive not been able to pay a deposit, is this is an issue with anyone else?
Original post by Delta1570
I got a provisional place at st johns but ive still not got any news about accomodation or colleges so ive not been able to pay a deposit, is this is an issue with anyone else?

Hi there

Many colleges have yet to send out accommodation emails and I believe St Johns is one of them. Please don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet, I would just suggest to keep checking your spam emails as well. If you don't hear by the end of this week, get in touch with the college either by phone or email and ask for updates.

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you so much!
My son is still waiting to hear as well. (Provisionally assigned to University College). It’s a bit unsettling particularly as he is ASD

Original post by Durham Students)Hi there

Many colleges have yet to send out accommodation emails and I believe St Johns is one of them. Please don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet, I would just suggest to keep checking your spam emails as well. If you don't hear by the end of this week, get in touch with the college either by phone or email and ask for updates.

-Himieka
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
My son is still waiting to hear as well. (Provisionally assigned to University College). It’s a bit unsettling particularly as he is ASD

Original post by Durham Students)Hi there

-Himieka

I got in touch with admissions at my daughter's college over the summer regarding ASD and they were so helpful.. worth maybe an email explaining
Reply 5
i've had this exact problem but for Hild Bede, I guess we just have to wait...
Original post by Delta1570
Do you mean that you are waiting for college confirmation, or that you have had the college confirmed and are waiting for room details? Durham put something on their website on Thursday to say they have made 77% of college allocations and plan to finalise these by 6th September. They said that Collingwood, St Chads, St John’s, St Mary’s and Castle are currently full, and some people are being reallocated from these colleges.

Actual room allocations will I guess in some cases take longer.
That's helpful to know thanks. We haven't had college confirmed so I guess he hasn't got Castle.

(Original post by Anonymous)Do you mean that you are waiting for college confirmation, or that you have had the college confirmed and are waiting for room details? Durham put something on their website on Thursday to say they have made 77% of college allocations and plan to finalise these by 6th September. They said that Collingwood, St Chads, St John’s, St Mary’s and Castle are currently full, and some people are being reallocated from these colleges.

Actual room allocations will I guess in some cases take longer.
Hi, can I do this on his behalf or do I need him to give permission for me to speak to them? He will be happy to do that by the way but he's still in bed and I'm impatient! :smile:

Original post by Bexwa
I got in touch with admissions at my daughter's college over the summer regarding ASD and they were so helpful.. worth maybe an email explaining
Reply 9
Hi, can I do this on his behalf or do I need him to give permission for me to speak to them? He will be happy to do that by the way but he's still in bed and I'm impatient! :smile:

I emailed in the first place, then my daughter needed to give them permission but they could tell me some general information. Is he going to the pre move in dates 21st 22nd so he can settle in as well? If you've not heard about it https://www.durham.ac.uk/colleges-and-student-experience/student-support-and-wellbeing/disability-support/what-support-we-offer/autism-support/
Again, the disability support team have been great for telling me who i need to speak to (room allocation etc) My daughter is going to the induction days I think it really makes sense to help accommodate before the mad rush of freshers x
Original post by Bexwa
I emailed in the first place, then my daughter needed to give them permission but they could tell me some general information. Is he going to the pre move in dates 21st 22nd so he can settle in as well? If you've not heard about it https://www.durham.ac.uk/colleges-and-student-experience/student-support-and-wellbeing/disability-support/what-support-we-offer/autism-support/
Again, the disability support team have been great for telling me who i need to speak to (room allocation etc) My daughter is going to the induction days I think it really makes sense to help accommodate before the mad rush of freshers x

Very helpful thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest