The Student Room Group

ECAA Official Thread - 2nd November 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by gmahapatra
Now that the obligatory 36 hours are up, how did everyone find it?

Original post by Infested
36 months*

Correct-ish - it varies by college. TSR is going with 1st September 2017 unless Cambridge advises otherwise.
Original post by jneill
Correct-ish - it varies by college. TSR is going with 1st September 2017 unless Cambridge advises otherwise.

What is the reason Cambridge gives for banning detailed discussion for ten months?
Reply 22
Original post by Palette
What is the reason Cambridge gives for banning detailed discussion for ten months?

You signed up for it on your Data Protection statement.
Original post by jneill
You signed up for it on your Data Protection statement.

I didn't apply to Cambridge in the end so I wouldn't have known :wink:.
Reply 24
Original post by Palette
I didn't apply to Cambridge in the end so I wouldn't have known :wink:.

And yet you sat the assessment? Interesting :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
And yet you sat the assessment? Interesting :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't sit the assessment either. I was merely wondering why Cambridge bans detailed discussion for much longer than Oxford does. I ended up applying for maths at Oxford.
Reply 26
Original post by Palette
I didn't sit the assessment either. I was merely wondering why Cambridge bans detailed discussion for much longer than Oxford does. I ended up applying for maths at Oxford.

Ah. I think it's because they reserve the potential usage of applicants scripts at their interview, including the winter pool interviews in January.

They are used by Cambridge as just one part of the overall application, and could therefore be relevant even in the Summer Pool after Results Day. Whereas afaik The Other Place uses theirs only as a pass/fail when ranking and shortlisting for interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello there everyone!

I will be taking the ECAA 2nd November, and I just did a paper under timed conditions. Through converting my ECAA section scores on a bell curve, I achieved a 1.5 in Section 1 and a 6.8 in Section 2 :frown:

How do you think I can improve my problem solving skills?

And any general tips to those who took it?
Original post by theeconomistkid
Hello there everyone!

I will be taking the ECAA 2nd November, and I just did a paper under timed conditions. Through converting my ECAA section scores on a bell curve, I achieved a 1.5 in Section 1 and a 6.8 in Section 2 :frown:

How do you think I can improve my problem solving skills?

And any general tips to those who took it?

method of elimination :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending