The Student Room Group

Cambridge Land Economy 2024-2025 Postgrad Admissions

Hi Everyone,

Has anybody heard from the land economy department regarding admissions for Mphils or PHDs? Let's use this space to keep each other posted.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi nothing yet! i have been put in DP since the 2nd of Feb ... and i applied late november
Original post by ijlok
Hi nothing yet! i have been put in DP since the 2nd of Feb ... and i applied late november

Which course did you apply for?
Reply 3
Original post by ijlok

same for MPhil Env Policy. Will see. Fingers crossed!
Still nothing to report after the move to decision pending the 2nd Feb! Emailed the department to ask about timelines / my application and got this in response:

Dear Juliette
Thank you for your email.
I checked CamSIS and your self-service has been updated to
Many thanks
Hugo

A literal blank. Very useful.
Reply 5
Original post by juliettegde1
Still nothing to report after the move to decision pending the 2nd Feb! Emailed the department to ask about timelines / my application and got this in response:

Dear Juliette
Many thanks
Hugo

The heckkk?
Did you consider replying asking to what? Also how long did they take to reply? Do check if there is anything posted in white font colour.

I think I will do the same and keep you guys posted if we do not receive an update by tomorrow.
Reply 6
I applied for the Mphli in PGR
Original post by leoleo2345

Dear Juliette
Many thanks
Hugo

The heckkk?
Did you consider replying asking to what? Also how long did they take to reply? Do check if there is anything posted in white font colour.

I think I will do the same and keep you guys posted if we do not receive an update by tomorrow.

They took about a day and a half to reply which is fairly quick but it was useless (definitely nothing in white font given my mail app is in dark mode…). I’ve followed up asking if it was an error or the fault of my mail app with a screenshot of my portal which says decision pending (I.e. no updates).
It’d be great if someone else emailed to ask when we might hear back and they’d hopefully give a proper response !
Got a PhD rejection because they couldn't find me a supervisor :frown:
Original post by Anonymous #2

Did you go from dp to rej or did you go directly from department to rej?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Did you go from dp to rej or did you go directly from department to rej?

Under review to rejection
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous #2

Sorry to hear and hope it goes better with other stuff you are applying to!
Reply 13
It’d be great if someone else emailed to ask when we might hear back and they’d hopefully give a proper response !

Btw which email did you use to contact them? I am contemplating emailing them today if they do not get back to us. But a part of me feels it's useless tbh. Like even if the reply saying I am at PAO or whatever that could still be a rejection.

Btw which email did you use to contact them? I am contemplating emailing them today if they do not get back to us. But a part of me feels it's useless tbh. Like even if the reply saying I am at PAO or whatever that could still be a rejection.

I used this one: [email protected]. But yeah I think it may be a bit useless I think we’re just gonna have to wait a few more weeks :/
Hey guys - I applied for a PhD in Land Economy on the 4th of December (with all my documents and references sent in before the funding deadline). I went under departmental review on the 8th of December and there has been no movement in my status since then. I went about life and tried to ignore the fact that I had an active application to Cambridge but there has been radio silence from their end. I've seen different PhD rejections throughout this month and I really don't know what to expect. Do y'all think I should email them?
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hey guys - I applied for a PhD in Land Economy on the 4th of December (with all my documents and references sent in before the funding deadline). I went under departmental review on the 8th of December and there has been no movement in my status since then. I went about life and tried to ignore the fact that I had an active application to Cambridge but there has been radio silence from their end. I've seen different PhD rejections throughout this month and I really don't know what to expect. Do y'all think I should email them?

I doubt is any harm in emailing them. But also there is likely to be no benefit as they will probably reply with a vague response saying wait results will be published soon blah blah. Entirely up to you. I have seen however a couple of people from other departments (never LE) on TSR receiving decisions via email reply (they write saying an offer is being generated or the application was unsuccessful). Depends on the department I would say
Reply 17
I doubt is any harm in emailing them. But also there is likely to be no benefit as they will probably reply with a vague response saying wait results will be published soon blah blah. Entirely up to you. I have seen however a couple of people from other departments (never LE) on TSR receiving decisions via email reply (they write saying an offer is being generated or the application was unsuccessful). Depends on the department I would say

any news from the department ?
Does anyone know if the Land economics department accepts the test from language Center?
Reply 19
Original post by ijlok
any news from the department ?

nope. Any changes on anyone's end? Will keep you all posted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending