The Student Room Group

March 2024 Cambridge Mature Colleges Round - Anybody?

Hi all,

I decided to create a 2024 March applicants thread. You can find previous years below:

2023 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7324727

2022 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7167816

What did you apply for and has anyone received an interview invitation? Feel free to share your thoughts&feelings in general. :smile:

Good luck y'all!
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

I applied for Law at Hughes Hall :smile: has anybody heard back about interviews yet?
Reply 2
Original post by morgan2021
I applied for Law at Hughes Hall :smile: has anybody heard back about interviews yet?
I'm in the same boat! Let's keep our fingers crossed. Last time I checked, I was told the invitations would be sent out starting this week, so hopefully, we'll hear back soon. The process is so nerve-racking haha. How do you feel tho?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by rinwoo
I'm in the same boat! Let's keep our fingers crossed. Last time I checked, I was told the invitations would be sent out this week, so hopefully, we'll hear back soon. The process is so nerve-racking haha. How do you feel tho?
Good luck! I am nervous… but hopeful haha. Hopefully we hear back soon!
I’ve applied to Law at Wolfson, haven’t heard anything yet!

Relieved to hear I’m not alone anxiously awaiting an email 😬
Reply 5
No - nothing yet for me. Applied to Wolfson
So do we think we still have a chance of hearing back next week? Or do we think all the invites have been sent out? I’ve only seen that St Eds sent some out.
Reply 7
So do we think we still have a chance of hearing back next week? Or do we think all the invites have been sent out? I’ve only seen that St Eds sent some out.
I've seen in past discussions that colleges tend to release the majority of invites and rejections simultaneously. Therefore, it's reasonable to infer that most likely if we haven't received a response yet, Hughes Hall and Wolfson haven't announced their decisions. The best thing we can do is to remain patient and wait imho. There's nothing else we can do.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 8

In previous years, they’ve sent out interview invites around a week after the 8th of March. A very small number of people seems to have been invited for the interview, so I think most of the invites will be sent this week.
Original post by rstach
if wolfson is interviewing 18-23 march, do we think they have already sent their invites out?
I'm assuming they're running behind schedule because surely they'd have at least sent rejections by now?!?!?
Original post by Anonymous #2
I'm assuming they're running behind schedule because surely they'd have at least sent rejections by now?!?!?
I assume so! I still haven't seen anyone post that they were invited to interview for Hughes or Wolfson. Doesn't mean nobody has been, but makes me think that you are probably right.
I’ve just had an email from Wolfson telling me I’ve not got an interview. Pretty gutted given they interview c.75% of applicants 🫤
I’ve just had an email from Wolfson telling me I’ve not got an interview. Pretty gutted given they interview c.75% of applicants 🫤
Me too, being told you haven’t made the top 75% doesn’t sound very good
Original post by shazzaxxyyzz
Me too, being told you haven’t made the top 75% doesn’t sound very good
Yeah that’s how I feel too. Would love to know where I went wrong. I’m waiting on Warwick and Manchester and I’m now really panicking if they don’t make me an offer.
Yeah that’s how I feel too. Would love to know where I went wrong. I’m waiting on Warwick and Manchester and I’m now really panicking if they don’t make me an offer.
I think you will be fine, I have a couple of other offers so I don’t think the rejection from Cambridge means we aren’t capable. What’s meant for you won’t pass you by.
Oh no sorry everyone about your rejections!! Anyone from Hughes hear back yet?
Reply 16
Original post by shazzaxxyyzz
I think you will be fine, I have a couple of other offers so I don’t think the rejection from Cambridge means we aren’t capable. What’s meant for you won’t pass you by.

I saw that you got 31 on your LNAT from other posts. I don’t understand how that is not the top 75% of the applicants who took the LNAT.
I received an invitation to interview with Wolfson last week, and it's scheduled for Friday! I'm VERY nervous! I applied for English, and just sat my CELAT today. I'm an international applicant though!
Original post by donika.bea
I received an invitation to interview with Wolfson last week, and it's scheduled for Friday! I'm VERY nervous! I applied for English, and just sat my CELAT today. I'm an international applicant though!

Well done and good luck.
Reply 19
Original post by donika.bea

Best of luck! Smash it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending