The Student Room Group

MPhil in Bioscience Enterprise at Cambridge.

Hi everyone, I'm an applicant for the MPhil in Bioscience Enterprise course at Cambridge. My application has been under review by the department for two months now. I wanted know, has anyone received interview emails yet for this course?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Tasnimodrika. Hope everything goes well. I was wondering if you have received any interview invitations or decisions regarding your application yet. If it's convenient for you, could you share some insights about the interview process? Specifically, I'm interested in the level of difficulty and the general content covered during the interview. Thank you!
Reply 2
Original post by woyyhh
Hi Tasnimodrika. Hope everything goes well. I was wondering if you have received any interview invitations or decisions regarding your application yet. If it's convenient for you, could you share some insights about the interview process? Specifically, I'm interested in the level of difficulty and the general content covered during the interview. Thank you!

Hi, I've actually been under department review for 4 and a half months. So can't help you out with any interview stuff. Have you been asked for an interview?
Reply 3
Original post by Tasnimodrika
Hi, I've actually been under department review for 4 and a half months. So can't help you out with any interview stuff. Have you been asked for an interview?

I haven't received an interview invitation either. It seems like the wait times are quite long this year and reaching out to the department for an update might be helpful. I hope your review goes smoothly!
Reply 4
Original post by woyyhh
I haven't received an interview invitation either. It seems like the wait times are quite long this year and reaching out to the department for an update might be helpful. I hope your review goes smoothly!

Thank you but I'm pretty frustrated. I have reached out to the department a couple of times and even called them to no response. Back in December, they told me I'll get feedback in a week and then again nothing. May I ask when you applied?
Reply 5
Thank you but I'm pretty frustrated. I have reached out to the department a couple of times and even called them to no response. Back in December, they told me I'll get feedback in a week and then again nothing. May I ask when you applied?

Sorry to hear that. My application started at the end of the Jan.
Reply 6
Original post by woyyhh
Sorry to hear that. My application started at the end of the Jan.

Do let me know if you hear anything! It's still comforting to know I am not alone in this lmao.
Hello! I applied on Jan 4th and had my interview on Jan 15th. They said I should get a decision in 2 weeks or so, but it has been a month and still nothing...
Reply 8
Hello! It sounds like you've been through quite the waiting period after your interview. If you don't mind sharing, I'd be curious to know what kind of questions were asked during your interview. The fact that you received an interview invitation so promptly after applying suggests to me that Cambridge must be quite interested in your background. I'm sure they are taking their time to make the best decision. Wishing you the best of luck, and I hope you hear some positive news soon!
Original post by woyyhh
Hello! It sounds like you've been through quite the waiting period after your interview. If you don't mind sharing, I'd be curious to know what kind of questions were asked during your interview. The fact that you received an interview invitation so promptly after applying suggests to me that Cambridge must be quite interested in your background. I'm sure they are taking their time to make the best decision. Wishing you the best of luck, and I hope you hear some positive news soon!

Thank you! Also hoping for good news soon (while trying to control my anxiety...)

About the interview, they started with some questions about my background, then asked how I saw myself in a team setting. Based on that, they focused mostly on leadership (experiences, challenges and learnings). They also asked about my "entrepreneurial aspirations", eg if I had an idea for a startup. Overall, I thought the interviewers (3) were really nice!
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thank you! Also hoping for good news soon (while trying to control my anxiety...)

About the interview, they started with some questions about my background, then asked how I saw myself in a team setting. Based on that, they focused mostly on leadership (experiences, challenges and learnings). They also asked about my "entrepreneurial aspirations", eg if I had an idea for a startup. Overall, I thought the interviewers (3) were really nice!

Thank you for your prompt response and valuable advice! It really helped me navigate through the interview process smoothly. From the questions you mentioned, it sounds like you might have a background in business, right? I previously met someone with a biotech background, and their interview questions were more biologically inclined. It's interesting to see the different focus areas depending on one's field!
I'd love to hear about both of your backgrounds. Perhaps that could shed some light into what the programme wants in an applicant. I'm an international applicant. Graduated magna *** laude in biochemistry. I have 7 years of experience working as a writer and journalist on one of my country's largest Daily. And, three years of experience working for a pharmaceutical company as a business development expert.
Original post by woyyhh
Thank you for your prompt response and valuable advice! It really helped me navigate through the interview process smoothly. From the questions you mentioned, it sounds like you might have a background in business, right? I previously met someone with a biotech background, and their interview questions were more biologically inclined. It's interesting to see the different focus areas depending on one's field!

Hey there woyyhh, you mentioned you previously talked with someone who came from a more biotech/research background - any chance you remember what kind of questions they were asked? Thank you
Reply 13
Hi everyone, I'm an applicant for the MPhil in Bioscience Enterprise course at Cambridge. My application has been under review by the department for two months now. I wanted know, has anyone received interview emails yet for this course?
Hi Tasnimodrika, my application was under review for 3 months before I received an invitation for interview on 19th Feb. I had my interview 22nd Feb so still waiting for a few weeks to hear back. I'd recommend staying prepared for an interview, as the time between the invite and the interview is quite short 🙂
Original post by cons98
Hi Tasnimodrika, my application was under review for 3 months before I received an invitation for interview on 19th Feb. I had my interview 22nd Feb so still waiting for a few weeks to hear back. I'd recommend staying prepared for an interview, as the time between the invite and the interview is quite short 🙂
Thank you so much for sharing that. I will keep prepared in case I do get invited to an interview. Did you end up receiving an offer letter after the interview? How long has been the waiting after the interview?
hello, any news here?
Reply 16
I'm on 'decision pending'.
Anyone else?
have you had an interview? if I may ask. I am still on under review with no interview done yet
Reply 18
Yeah, had it in Jan.
do you know if it's mandatory for everyone who gets in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending