The Student Room Group
zazy
I know this guy that has MS and he's really depressed, he's going to die in the near future ..Just wanted to know how i can cheer him up a bit? :frown:

What's MS, sorry?
Reply 2
tis_me_lord
What's MS, sorry?

Multiple sclerosis a nervous system disease where the person deteriorates as time goes on and leads onto paralysis and eventually death... :frown:
Reply 3
I'd take him on a really fun day out with loads of friends and show him how loved he is and how much he will be missed, and simply just be there for him when he needs you.
xxx
Reply 4
Don't pity him that is only going to make it worse- get him to get out in the open outdoors, drag him along to things and if you can get him to start taking supplements- find out more on the sunday times website- what is the alternative bit. Most importantly just be there and make him laugh :tongue:
zazy
Multiple sclerosis a nervous system disease where the person deteriorates as time goes on and leads onto paralysis and eventually death... :frown:

Oh right, yeah that is bad. Well if your going to die it's no use wsting your time being depressed, that's the last thing you should do, try to convince him to enjoy it, i think i know what he might enjoy from you... :wink:
Reply 6
tis_me_lord
Oh right, yeah that is bad. Well if your going to die it's no use wsting your time being depressed, that's the last thing you should do, try to convince him to enjoy it, i think i know what he might enjoy from you... :wink:

He's still more cheerfull than me...*weeps*
Reply 7
My best mate's mum has MS. She's as happy as a big yellow flower on a sunny day :smile: To cheer him up, I think you need to give him a big hug.
A family friend of mine died when I was in year 10. The best thing I could do was write him letters. He loved getting them and would reply straight away. I think he liked to know that people were thinking of him.

Just keep him active and doing as much as he's capable of. Go paintballing, ice skating or bowling as long as he can manage that, go out for meals, see films in the cinema. If you have nice weather, go for walks in the park and picnics. See if there's somewhere he'd like to visit, or something he's always wanted to do, and do it. Have nights in with pizza and films, go out clubbing. Just try and make him live life to the full while he still can. If he eventually goes into a hospice, go and see him, write him letters all the time, take him pictures, fruit and flowers. Just do everything you can to make him have a bit of fun and know that he is valued and not forgotten.

Peter knew he was dying but he didn't like to talk about it. Encourage him to take up a new hobby. Peter started learning to paint when he was in the hospice. It kept him occupied, he had fun and he produced some really nice stuff which his family can keep now. Just keep him busy, and be there for him. If he wants to talk about his illness and death, listen to him. If he doesn't, talk about other things.

I'm very sorry.
zazy
I know this guy that has MS and he's really depressed, he's going to die in the near future ..Just wanted to know how i can cheer him up a bit? :frown:

Thats so sad :frown: . How old is he?
Reply 10
Whats_The_411?
Thats so sad :frown: . How old is he?

18 and the most active guy i've known....a swimmer/badminton,volleyball,football and basketball player and a guitarist as well...
Reply 11
zazy

Just spend lots of time with him doing things that you normally would do, just laughing, joking, watching films, etc. There's a danger that if you start doing things out of the ordinary that you will remind him that its because he's sick.
eleenia
Just spend lots of time with him doing things that you normally would do, just laughing, joking, watching films, etc. There's a danger that if you start doing things out of the ordinary that you will remind him that its because he's sick.

nah i think he should be taken out and really live life to the full while he still can. You should try and spend as much time with him as you can as well he'll need it and you'll miss him.

Latest

Trending

Trending