The Student Room Group

a level choices as a year 11 student

hello everyone! the pressure of year 11 and what comes after is now creeping up to me considering i have no idea what career or degree im looking to go into. even though i am basically lost in my life, i need to make my choices for what a level subjects i am planning to do very soon and i wanted some advice on which would be the best combinations (i am aiming for Russell group unis). i am definitely planning to do psychology a level and one other science potentially and perhaps law but if there are any subjects that you think would be better please give suggestions.

here are my current combinations that are very likely to change (kind of in order of preference as i am writing this):
1. psychology, biology, law, Spanish (AS level)
2. psychology, biology, chemistry, law (AS)
3. psychology, biology, law, maths (AS)
4. psychology, biology, maths, law (AS)

there are some a levels i know i dont want to do: economics, physics, history

please give me advice, i am stressed and lost
have a great day
- stressed year 11 :frown:((
Original post by mindthemess
hello everyone! the pressure of year 11 and what comes after is now creeping up to me considering i have no idea what career or degree im looking to go into. even though i am basically lost in my life, i need to make my choices for what a level subjects i am planning to do very soon and i wanted some advice on which would be the best combinations (i am aiming for Russell group unis). i am definitely planning to do psychology a level and one other science potentially and perhaps law but if there are any subjects that you think would be better please give suggestions.

here are my current combinations that are very likely to change (kind of in order of preference as i am writing this):
1. psychology, biology, law, Spanish (AS level)
2. psychology, biology, chemistry, law (AS)
3. psychology, biology, law, maths (AS)
4. psychology, biology, maths, law (AS)

there are some a levels i know i dont want to do: economics, physics, history

please give me advice, i am stressed and lost
have a great day
- stressed year 11 :frown:((

Keep maths if you aren’t sure what you want to do. It opens up avenues to so many diff courses
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Keep maths if you aren’t sure what you want to do. It opens up avenues to so many diff courses

thank you! ive noticed maths is needed for a lot of degrees so it might be useful to do it

Quick Reply

Latest