The Student Room Group

Westminster 16+ Exams Today

Scroll to see replies

No problem:smile:

Original post by hannah429
Thank you! I had no idea about this I'm so glad I know now. I currently don't do much musically- would this be a problem and something I should pick up soon?

Also, are they hard to write? Ie do they give enough time or give obscure questions

They have a specific box for music, so as long as you can write something; it doesn't have to be anything too spectacular. Try joining your school choir etc.. But if you don't have anything, I'm sure you won't be too disadvantaged as long as you have enough to say for the sports section.
You have 15 minutes to write it and there weren't any obscure questions so as long as you've planned it beforehand you'll be fine.
Reply 21
Ahh so we have some similar subjects! Let me know what you may do to revise for it- there's such limited information on the test online.

How did you find the open day? I absolutely loved it.

I was talking to my guide for such a long time- I was the girl with the extremely curly hair and colourful dress :wink:

My plan is similar to you i.e. just consolidate everything during the summer. But I'm yet to decide exactly what that involves!

After the talks I was unsure as to whether or not I still wanted to go to the school as it was a bit overwhelming but after my tour I have this feeling that it's the school I need to be at. My tour guide was brilliant and he knew so much about the school. I don't think I saw you but I was wearing a blue top, black jeans and had a tan leather jacket in my hand. Did you get a chance to talk to the philosophy and theology teacher? I didn't because he was constantly busy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jada11
After the talks I was unsure as to whether or not I still wanted to go to the school as it was a bit overwhelming but after my tour I have this feeling that it's the school I need to be at. My tour guide was brilliant and he knew so much about the school. I don't think I saw you but I was wearing a blue top, black jeans and had a tan leather jacket in my hand. Did you get a chance to talk to the philosophy and theology teacher? I didn't because he was constantly busy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The talk was quite overwhelming but the second the headmaster mentioned community service I loved it. That's honestly what I care about the most.

I didn't get a chance to talk to the philosophy and theology teacher but I may just send an email. He was saying that his email address was on the prospectus they gave us...? But I don't know exactly what to write.

My first tour guide was so quiet and I could hardly hear anything but later on another student offered to give me a tour of the library etc and he was amazing and showed me that this was truly the place for me.
Original post by dania.abdalla

They have a specific box for music, so as long as you can write something; it doesn't have to be anything too spectacular. Try joining your school choir etc.. But if you don't have anything, I'm sure you won't be too disadvantaged as long as you have enough to say for the sports section.
You have 15 minutes to write it and there weren't any obscure questions so as long as you've planned it beforehand you'll be fine.

So they're just the basic questions that I could hypothetically prepare for? Thank you so much for telling me this- I had no idea.

Do they expect about 50 words per question? More, less?
Reply 24
The talk was quite overwhelming but the second the headmaster mentioned community service I loved it. That's honestly what I care about the most.

I didn't get a chance to talk to the philosophy and theology teacher but I may just send an email. He was saying that his email address was on the prospectus they gave us...? But I don't know exactly what to write.

My first tour guide was so quiet and I could hardly hear anything but later on another student offered to give me a tour of the library etc and he was amazing and showed me that this was truly the place for me.

When I talked to the other teachers I asked about the curriculum, the intensity of courses, the exam and I asked the history teacher if doing four essay subjects could hinder success in all of them.

We actually missed our tour group because my sister wanted to wash her hands so we went to the toilet and by the time we got to the deans yard our group was gone! So the teacher in the purple tie picked out a boy who showed us around; I think his name was felix?

I loved the library! Personally I think it was amazing and I loved how it had many different rooms; I think it gave a homely feel to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So they're just the basic questions that I could hypothetically prepare for? Thank you so much for telling me this- I had no idea.

Do they expect about 50 words per question? More, less?

We were given 4 or 5 lines to write on so about that much, so do with it what you wish. I know people who filled the space and needed more paper and others didn't so it depends. But you only have 15 minutes so they're definitely not expecting your whole life story. Anyway, good luck with the tests, I'm sure you'll do fine.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jada11
When I talked to the other teachers I asked about the curriculum, the intensity of courses, the exam and I asked the history teacher if doing four essay subjects could hinder success in all of them.

We actually missed our tour group because my sister wanted to wash her hands so we went to the toilet and by the time we got to the deans yard our group was gone! So the teacher in the purple tie picked out a boy who showed us around; I think his name was felix?

I loved the library! Personally I think it was amazing and I loved how it had many different rooms; I think it gave a homely feel to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay- I'll email the teacher of philosophy and theology similar questions. Is there anything you want me to ask before I email?
Reply 27
Okay- I'll email the teacher of philosophy and theology similar questions. Is there anything you want me to ask before I email?

Nothing I can think of

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I was wondering if you could give me a few tips for the geography exam and what the format was? I'm doing the exam next week...
Yes they do ask for a personal statement at the start. You have 15 minutes to write it and they ask for extra curricular activities regarding music and sport and also why you want to go to the school and your future plans etc.

i wish i saw this
Original post by physicseastldn
i wish i saw this

Never mind. I hope the exams went well though
Never mind. I hope the exams went well though

i hope they did
I keep thinking about it like when are they going to accept me/reject me so i can focus
Reply 33
Depends which subjects your taking. The sciences weren't too bad and you definitely can't revise for them. I found the geography really hard but as long as your familiar with a map you'll definitely do better than me. And maths was just your average maths but harder. Think UKMT. Good luck!

what are the questions like for the sciences??/ I am doing it next year..
Reply 34

how much do you have to write for it?? and can u tell me a bit more about the day? Thanks
Reply 35
hi I'm just wondering what the history of art exam will be like? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest