The Student Room Group

Westminster 16+ Entry 2024

Hi! I am doing sixth form entry for Westminster next year and if I get it, I will be joining from 2024. I go to a school in the UK but since I require a visa, I have to take Ukiset. For those who had to do Ukiset exam for the entry, do you mind if you could tell me your score? I want to know what is the average score and what kind of score Westminster is expecting from us. Also, is there any advice on what to do to prepare for the exam? Especially the Cambridge assessment and the essay part, that would be great!
(edited 1 year ago)
since you're going to a school in the UK, you should be fine, considering that you're understanding what people say comfortably at your current school
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by water1340
since you're going to a school in the UK, you should be fine, considering that you're understanding what people say comfortably at your current school

I see! Thank you so much but I am just worried about the test called UKiset because I tried the past paper and it was quite hard so...
Original post by Beth0345
I see! Thank you so much but I am just worried about the test called UKiset because I tried the past paper and it was quite hard so...

Hm, do you know what score you're getting right now? I'm not familiar with the iSET but a quick google search says that the average independent school student's iSET score is 110 and that "Top schools generally demand a SAS of 125 or more."
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by water1340
Hm, do you know what score you're getting right now? I'm not familiar with the iSET but a quick google search says that the average independent school student's iSET score is 110 and that "Top schools generally demand a SAS of 125 or more."

I saw that too. The problem is that I still haven't done the whole thing, I've only done the verbal and non verbal parts and I don't know how the scoring system works so I can't really predict it either. Do you mind letting me know if you find someone who did do UKiset and got in? Thanks!
(edited 1 year ago)
I saw that too. The problem is that I still haven't done the whole thing, I've only done the verbal and non verbal parts and I don't know how the scoring system works so I can't really predict it either. Do you mind letting me know if you find someone who did do UKiset and got in? Thanks!

Hi I’m someone who did ukiset and got in. My scores are: vocab-129, maths-150, nonverbal-135.
I think I got similar results but worse for non verbal.

The Cambridge English test definitely wasn't hard at all and you should be able to get the top band as long as you can understand fine in school. The essay was asking you to respond to a random topic, mine was about violence in video games.

I don't think UKiset is that important at all, the written assessments are what determines whether you get in.
(edited 1 year ago)
I don't think the ukiset matters, neither does the SAS score. My SAS score when I sat it at 11, 13 and 14 were all 141, so clearly the score doesn't change with age. I didn't get in even though my SAS score is high as well as my aptitude scores in cat4 (Full marks etc.) You'd be much better off preparing for the entrance exams, which to be fair are hard to prepare for. The interview I doubt, matters much as well. (As people who messed up still got in). Westminster also takes into account which school you're coming from - state will be easier for entry - Which school are you in right now?

Hi! I am doing sixth form entry for Westminster next year and if I get it, I will be joining from 2024. I go to a school in the UK but since I require a visa, I have to take Ukiset. For those who had to do Ukiset exam for the entry, do you mind if you could tell me your score? I want to know what is the average score and what kind of score Westminster is expecting from us. Also, is there any advice on what to do to prepare for the exam? Especially the Cambridge assessment and the essay part, that would be great!
Reply 8
Has anyone else applied fully for 2024 entry yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending