The Student Room Group

Official 2023 Harris Westminster Applicants Thread

Hi guys,

I don't know about you but I got my entrance exam invite for Harris today. Do any of you have any tips or tricks or wanna share what subjects you applied for?

I'll go first:
I applied for English lit, French, History & Politics.
My Entrance exams are French & Politics.
My interview is about English Lit (although I may change to politics).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Has anyone else got a reply from Harris Westminster???
Reply 2
Has anyone else gotten a reply back for the entrance exam dates?
Reply 3
Yh so the entrance exams are next week and I’m quite nervous. I’m doing maths and chemistry
Reply 4
I'm also pretty nervous, it's hard knowing what to expect since the sample papers are from 2017 :// I'm doing biology and maths
Reply 5
Yh definitely I’ve been trying to revise but I really don’t know what topics to go through
Original post by kpicats
I'm also pretty nervous, it's hard knowing what to expect since the sample papers are from 2017 :// I'm doing biology and maths
Reply 6
Original post by Mar-29
Yh definitely I’ve been trying to revise but I really don’t know what topics to go through

To be honest, I saw the chemistry paper and I'd recommend trying to cover as much of chemistry gsce topics as you can so you're fully prepared. The questions look pretty standard gsce too (a ot of them were about atoms/ element configuration?). Same for maths, maybe try non-calculator practice questions? Let's just hope the questions will be similar to those on the website :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by kpicats

Yes! Same here. I'm doing my exams in Chemistry and Spanish and the Spanish paper is from 2017. Clearly it checks if you're up to date on issues in Hispanic countries but I'm still pretty nervous. I read a lot of things in Spanish but I didn't think about reading the news :/
Reply 8
Original post by kpicats
To be honest, I saw the chemistry paper and I'd recommend trying to cover as much of chemistry gsce topics as you can so you're fully prepared. The questions look pretty standard gsce too (a ot of them were about atoms/ element configuration?). Same for maths, maybe try non-calculator practice questions? Let's just hope the questions will be similar to those on the website :smile:

Also, do you think we're allowed a periodic table? This might seem rlly obvious but I just want to know what to expect.
Reply 9
Original post by ViPe89
Yes! Same here. I'm doing my exams in Chemistry and Spanish and the Spanish paper is from 2017. Clearly it checks if you're up to date on issues in Hispanic countries but I'm still pretty nervous. I read a lot of things in Spanish but I didn't think about reading the news :/

Haven’t really checked the spanish paper tbh :< but they probably won’t ask for really complicated stuff (i hope), i’d recommend revising the bases before the exam so everything is clear in your head, and also remember that these papers were done in real life, so the questions might be easier since we’re doing it online ect… :smile: Good luck with the exam!
Original post by ViPe89
Also, do you think we're allowed a periodic table? This might seem rlly obvious but I just want to know what to expect.

HMMM i don’t think so, maybe??? On the practice exam it said it was printed at the back of the test. Tbh if they don’t give it, you’ll probably get given the atomic mass/number or the element in the question
Reply 11
Original post by kpicats
Haven’t really checked the spanish paper tbh :< but they probably won’t ask for really complicated stuff (i hope), i’d recommend revising the bases before the exam so everything is clear in your head, and also remember that these papers were done in real life, so the questions might be easier since we’re doing it online ect… :smile: Good luck with the exam!

Maybe! I'm excited to get the exams out of the way. I think I'm just going to quickly go over conjugating verbs and things like that. It was crazy to see the difference between the Spanish and German exam. I think it's really smart. What exams/ subjects are you taking? I'm doing exams in Chem and Spanish and I picked Chemistry Biology Spanish Maths :smile: (also good luck!!)
Reply 12
Good luck for tomorrow everyone :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Hawraa.A
Good luck for tomorrow everyone :smile:

Thank you you too 😊
Reply 14
Original post by Mar-29
Thank you you too 😊

omg first exam over :smile: Politics defo wasn't too bad but now I have French :frown: wish me luck
omg first exam over :smile: Politics defo wasn't too bad but now I have French :frown: wish me luck

GOOD LUCK!!! i just had biology and it was WAYY easier than i thought it would be, 100% multiple choice questions
Reply 16
Original post by kpicats
GOOD LUCK!!! i just had biology and it was WAYY easier than i thought it would be, 100% multiple choice questions

wow politics just had a 10 marker at the end and my french was 100% multiple choice but was a little bit hard
also did any of you get locked out???
Reply 17
wow politics just had a 10 marker at the end and my french was 100% multiple choice but was a little bit hard

hi ,was there a second page u had to find by clicking a button ?

OOOO how do you think you’ve done?? at least it’s over with now :smile: i’m sure you did great!
Reply 19
Original post by kpicats

Same with chemistry. My mind is boggled though. No idea if I did good or bad. I know I ran out of time and guessed the last one. ;'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending