The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel or City, University of London?

I've currently applied to City and Brunel to study Economics. League tables aside, which is better from Economics and what is the overall Uni experience like for either (social life, accomodation, lecturers and especially sports!!). Would be great to hear from students that attend either or chose one over the other. Thanks!
Well I go to City and my friend goes to Brunel.

City cass business school is very good. BUT I don't know if it's just me but i think the social life there is ****, but that may just be because I'm commuting from home. I do know some people who live in accommodation who think its ok.

My friends goes Brunel she thinks the social life is **** too. :smile:

But SERIOUSLY the social life at City is really crap, buuut that shouldn't sway you're judgment, think about the long-term and your grades and stuff.

If you're gonna live in accommodation either would be okay you can make it fun for yourself.

Sorry I don't know much about sports but that should be on there student union websites so search it up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by chxma
Well I go to City and my friend goes to Brunel.

City cass business school is very good. BUT I don't know if it's just me but i think the social life there is ****, but that may just be because I'm commuting from home. I do know some people who live in accommodation who think its ok.

My friends goes Brunel she thinks the social life is **** too. :smile:

But SERIOUSLY the social life at City is really crap, buuut that shouldn't sway you're judgment, think about the long-term and your grades and stuff.

If you're gonna live in accommodation either would be okay you can make it fun for yourself.

Sorry I don't know much about sports but that should be on there student union websites so search it up.

Oh that is a shame - what makes the social life so poor? Is it badly segregated, have a poor student union etc - I will most likely be commuting from home too :/
And from what your friend has told you why don't they enjoy the social life at Brunel either? Really contemplating changing my choices!!
Original post by LongLive5
Oh that is a shame - what makes the social life so poor? Is it badly segregated, have a poor student union etc - I will most likely be commuting from home too :/
And from what your friend has told you why don't they enjoy the social life at Brunel either? Really contemplating changing my choices!!

Everybody there goes to central london to chill out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LongLive5

honestly if social life is important to you then its always easier to have a better experience if you live out
The rent is cheaper at Brunel the social life is fairly good and the business department is in the new eastern gateway building
not considering the social life, which uni is better for an engineering course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending