The Student Room Group

Is city university london good for aerospace engineering?

Im planning to go into aerospace engineering and my predicted grades are A/B, ive heard its second to best to imperial in london for the facilities for engineering but is it actually a good uni to go to and come out with at least a 2:1 degree? thanks
Original post by Afcnandes
Im planning to go into aerospace engineering and my predicted grades are A/B, ive heard its second to best to imperial in london for the facilities for engineering but is it actually a good uni to go to and come out with at least a 2:1 degree? thanks

Saying City uni is second best to imperial in London is like Saying Oxford Brookes is second best for like law to Oxford in Oxford. Are you only limited to London universities? Even so it looks like Brunel is couple of spots ahead of City in London. I think queen mary does aerospace too & it sounds like a decent uni
Reply 2
City university is not even good for shoe-lacing techniques ...
Reply 3
Original post by bigboateng_
Saying City uni is second best to imperial in London is like Saying Oxford Brookes is second best for like law to Oxford in Oxford. Are you only limited to London universities? Even so it looks like Brunel is couple of spots ahead of City in London. I think queen mary does aerospace too & it sounds like a decent uni

I would preferably like to study in london but am willing to move out for a good enough uni, im also looking at mechanical engineering, one of the two
None of the engineering schools in London are considered to be good bar Imperial, even UCL has a bad rep. Given your grades you'd be better off in Leeds, Swansea or Sheffield.

Just to note, look carefully at the modules you'll take when considering Aerospace courses, for some universities you might as well be doing mechanical or systems engineering.
Reply 5
Original post by Helloworld_95
None of the engineering schools in London are considered to be good bar Imperial, even UCL has a bad rep. Given your grades you'd be better off in Leeds, Swansea or Sheffield.

Just to note, look carefully at the modules you'll take when considering Aerospace courses, for some universities you might as well be doing mechanical or systems engineering.

If i were to get AAA, which unis are suitable for aero/mechanical engineering, cause i am looking at both courses
If i were to get AAA, which unis are suitable for aero/mechanical engineering, cause i am looking at both courses

The ones I've said plus Surrey and Nottingham
Reply 7
The ones I've said plus Surrey and Nottingham

Thanks, so its not the end of the world ending up at non russell group unis? Could i still achieve a minimum 2:1?
Thanks, so its not the end of the world ending up at non russell group unis? Could i still achieve a minimum 2:1?

Russell group doesn't mean anything for undergrads, unistats gives a far better idea of whether a course has good prospects.

Probably, it's pretty difficult to get below a 2:1 in engineering.
Reply 9
If you consider unis outside London, Bristol, Manchester and Bath have better aerospace engineering courses than City.
Reply 10
Russell group doesn't mean anything for undergrads, unistats gives a far better idea of whether a course has good prospects.

Probably, it's pretty difficult to get below a 2:1 in engineering.

Alright thanks for all the info and advice, it definitely has given me a better idea and more confidence about my future!
Reply 11
Original post by MindsetRS5
Alright thanks for all the info and advice, it definitely has given me a better idea and more confidence about my future!

7 years ago from which uni u did aerospace engeering? i got offer from swansea, city , leicester and belfast.

Quick Reply

Latest