The Student Room Group

What uni for CS with these predicted?

Hi all
I got predicted A* CS, B Maths, D Business
I don't mind location it can be wherever. What unis would you recommend for a CS course that i could feasibly get into?
Thanks
(edited 8 months ago)
Hello, I hope you are doing well I would recommend:
London South Bank
University of Greenwich
City University of London
King's College London
Brunel University London
Original post by toaster75
Hi all
I don't mind location it can be wherever. What unis would you recommend for a CS course that i could feasibly get into?
Thanks

Hi!

Honestly, it's just a lot of looking at entry requirements really. If you're an undergrad and are applying from UCAS then you've got some wiggle room as you can apply to 5 unis. My advice for this would be to apply to your dream uni, apply to a uni you love but is more reasonable (ie. you meet the entry requirements but only just or you're a couple of UCAS points off), apply for 2 where you'll meet the entry requirements and then have one that's a little lower as a kind of safeguard.

Obviously, when you get decisions back you'll have to pick 2 anyway but you might have a better feeling of what you'll get in the full exams by that time.

I think the main thing is to be happy to end up at all of the unis you apply to. Even if you can't make it to an open day (which I'd recommend) try watching videos and scrolling the websites to get a feel of what the uni is like. I didn't quite meet my grades at A-Level so I made it to Heriot-Watt via clearing so I didn't get to see the campus until I was here but I could feel like it was the right choice and it really was! I've had an amazing time so far. So trust yourself and you'll be alright! :smile:

I know that wasn't the exact answer you were looking for but honestly picking a uni is such a different process for everyone as everyone values different things more ie. location, campus/city uni, league tables, modules in the course. I hope I helped a bit though. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

- Jessica
1st Year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
Original post by toaster75
Hi all
Thanks

Beg your teachers to put the maths up to an A, it will help a lot
Reply 4
Get business up to a C and go to surrey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending