The Student Room Group

Actuarial science LSE

Hi. Would I get an offer from LSE for actuarial science if my predicted grades are a*a*a*b. 3 a*s in maths,chem,econ and the b in further maths
There’s no way to know without applying.

You have 5 choices so if you like LSE and the course there and are capable of meeting their entry requirements then apply.
Reply 2
AS above - worth applying, but make sure that your other choices are not all mega-competitive, and not all in London.
I think a B in FM might be considered a bit of a red flag really. But at the end of the day it's only 1 of 5 choices and it's fine ot have a couple of "aspirational" options.
Reply 4
Where else are you considering applying to and for which courses?
Reply 5
Original post by ajj2000
Where else are you considering applying to and for which courses?

my choices are:
city (bayes) for actuarial science with placement year
queen mary for actuarial science with placement year
lse for actuarial science with placement year
lse for actuarial science (without placement year)
and i still have to decide on a backup
Reply 6
Do you have to study in London? Warwick MORSE should be a consideration , Manchester also.
Reply 7
Original post by ajj2000
Do you have to study in London? Warwick MORSE should be a consideration , Manchester also.

Yeah i’m not going to study outside of London
Original post by zahrah_543

If your insistent in staying in London the other top universities are ICL, UCL and Kings. I dont know if any of these offer your course. Other than those you clould look at places like Brunel, South Bank, Westminster or Middlesex.
Original post by ajj2000

Warwick MORSE only offers exemption from 4 actuary examinations (and the combined course at Manchester only 5)
City, QMUL and LSE have the full suite of possible exemptions (6)
Each exam is an extra ~250 hourse study, £ hour plus exam plus a £300-650 exam fee
Original post by zahrah_543

Depending where in London you are then Essex and Kent might be commutable to study at an accredited degree

I wouldn't recommend using 2 choices for LSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending