The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths

Hi, recently I did a mock and I got 32 out of 80! I just want to know how you revise for maths?!? My friend who is in set 1 with me doesn't do any sort of maths revision but still managed to get 68 out of 80! I want to know how you can get a mark like that. I know I am capable of getting an A but how do you manage to get that mark with no revision! I spent the whole week revising and managed to get 32! Please someone give me Advice on how I can revise maths? Step by step would help more? Do I remember the methods and techniques? What if I can't find that sort of similar question on the past paper in my text? Please help I only have 6 months left to show what I am capable off then game over!
Read the textbook and understand the concepts (making notes if need be). Then you need to put that knowledge into practice by doing practice questions - that should be the majority of your revision. This deepens your understanding and gets you actively thinking. If you've gained this level of understanding, then if a question comes up that is different from the ones you've practised, you'll be able to at least show some working for it.
So all those methods you used for that exam are ineffective. Try some new revising methods. For maths its all trial and error. Keep doing a question till you get it right. KEEP DOING PAST PAPERS. Mark your papers and see where you went wront. Practise those questions. Then do another paper, mark. Repeat.

Quick Reply

Latest