The Student Room Group

Urban Legends!

Source:
http://www.mblog.com/gizmos

As soon as I get an email warning me to be careful about something, be it heroin needles in the ball pit at McDonalds (lol...not that i go there :rolleyes: ) or any other urban legend, the first site I head for is http://www.snopes.com

The site is titled The Urban Legends Reference Page and it handles all of that. It seems that more rumors have been swirling around since the events of September 11, 2001 than ever before, but SNOPES has been around for a very long time.

Here, there is an attempt to get behind the truth or falsehoods surrounding the current round of emails going around on the web. Come on, you didn't really believe Bill Gates was going to send you to Disney World, did you??

The search engine on the home page works great. Just type in a word or two from the suspicious email, and it will deliver links to stories on the site about the rumors. The articles at the links will usually give you a True or False statement, but sometimes they are undetermined. At times the rumors are so old and have been swirling around for so long that it is impossible to ascertain whether or not there is validity behind them.

Pretty interesting page! Share any Urban Legends you know of here!
Reply 1
Didn't someone else post a link to snopes in another thread of yours...?
Reply 2
there is an urban legend where I live:

A woman was once quite horney and decided to pleasure herself with a bottle. She promptly used it to her satisfaction and then pulled it out. Unfortunatly she had taken the top off so the bottle acted as a vacum and pulled womb and uterus inside. She was left with her entrails hanging out.

I once thought this legend, but now I know her doctor! :biggrin:
Reply 3
sublime_envy
there is an urban legend where I live:

A woman was once quite horney and decided to pleasure herself with a bottle. She promptly used it to her satisfaction and then pulled it out. Unfortunatly she had taken the top off so the bottle acted as a vacum and pulled womb and uterus inside. She was left with her entrails hanging out.

I once thought this legend, but now I know her doctor! :biggrin:

Oh. My. God.
Reply 4
gross gross gross! who would believe that anyway?
Reply 5
haha! pretty cool huh?

Well missy if you don't believe me phone ninewells hospital in dundee, it happened about 3 years ago

Latest

Trending

Trending