The Student Room Group

UWE Bristol vs UCA vs University of Westminster

I am an international applicant for Masters. My undergrad was in Bachelor of Architecture. I am currently holding unconditional offer letters from UWE Bristol, University for the Creative Arts and University of Westminster. My subject is MA/MSc in Urban and Regional Planning (For UCA it is MSc in Urban Design). All of these three universities are in different locations. I want to know which university is better in terms of Living experiences, Cost, Part-time Job opportunities, Social life and most importantly for my Subject. Furthermore, Which of these three will be the most beneficial once I am out looking for jobs?
Original post by Tushercm
I am an international applicant for Masters. My undergrad was in Bachelor of Architecture. I am currently holding unconditional offer letters from UWE Bristol, University for the Creative Arts and University of Westminster. My subject is MA/MSc in Urban and Regional Planning (For UCA it is MSc in Urban Design). All of these three universities are in different locations. I want to know which university is better in terms of Living experiences, Cost, Part-time Job opportunities, Social life and most importantly for my Subject. Furthermore, Which of these three will be the most beneficial once I am out looking for jobs?

Which course do you prefer? Have you looked at all the modules - which interest you the most? Do any of the courses have placement opportunities or links with the industry?

The 'best' location is also a very personal decision. Accommodation in Bristol will be cheaper than London (although there is a shortage of student accomm in Bristol). Living/transport costs will also be higher in London (unis often have student living costs on their websites). Which campus would you be on for UCA (they have several)? London and Bristol will have lots of entertainment and part-time job opportunities.
Reply 2
My courses are basically the same for all three universities. I enjoy urban design and planning related works, so that's what I have decided. I didn't research much about placement opportunities which I will work on.

For UCA, my campus would be Canterbury.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending