The Student Room Group

Help in picking GCSE maths exam

Title says it all... I am currently in my 20's looking to book an exam at a private examination centre, as an external candidate and I was wondering if 1 maths exam is enough to secure a C grade for this specific subject overall. My last results from a few years back show 2 D grades related to mathematics, both linear & modular. Now my question is, do I need to sit 2 exams or if I do 1 only, that will count as my C-A grade overall? I'm very confused by this...
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm assuming you want to take GCSEs? Due to the new changes, all qualifications are linear and as such all the papers must be sat at the end of one examination period, so with the new GCSE you would have to take all 3 papers (there's now 3 exams and not 2, at least for Edexcel)
Original post by LevK
Title says it all... I am currently in my 20's looking to book an exam at a private examination centre, as an external candidate and I was wondering if 1 maths exam is enough to secure a C grade for this specific subject overall. My last results from a few years back show 2 D grades related to mathematics, both linear & modular. Now my question is, do I need to sit 2 exams or if I do 1 only, that will count as my C-A grade overall? I'm very confused by this...

You can take the last available resit opportunity for the old linear GCSE specification (2 exams, grades A*-G) if you can find a centre offering them. Alternatively you can take the new more challenging linear GCSE specification (3 exams, grades 9-1).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending