The Student Room Group

University of Amsterdam Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tulips221
I applied for my masters in Poli Sci - IR. Has anyone heard back yet? I live in the US and submitted my application in mid-January. Now other
schools have gotten back to me and are demanding a decision by mid - April.

Maybe you should email them and ask. They reply fairly quick. I applied Literary Studies and received an offer after six weeks. I had emailed them before and they said they take no longer than 8 weeks to make decisions. Maybe it's just for Literary Studies? I'm not sure.
Hi! I've applied for the MA Literary Studies (Comparative Literature). Sent off my application just before the deadline, they messaged me yesterday to re-send my ID/Passport, for some reason. Hopefully I'll hear back soon!
I've also got offers from UCL and Edinburgh, so I'm really struggling to decide where to go! I feel like studying in the UK would be better academic-wise (if I wanted to go into academia, for example), but then again, studying in Amsterdam would be a lot cheaper. So hard!
Original post by Grace_Cong1998
Maybe you should email them and ask. They reply fairly quick. I applied Literary Studies and received an offer after six weeks. I had emailed them before and they said they take no longer than 8 weeks to make decisions. Maybe it's just for Literary Studies? I'm not sure.

Thanks for your response. I actually did Email the Admissions office of the Graduate School of Social Sciences, this was their response:

Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest in the GSSS. Please be informed that I added an early notification request to your application. We cannot guarantee to notify you before a specific date in the near future, but we will work hard to notify you as soon as possible, once the Admissions Board has reached a decision regarding your application.

I have now been accepted to Erasmus and they have offered scholarship money. Does anyone have any opinion on Erasmus vs Amsterdam? The program at Erasmus is International Public Policy
Hi all, I applied for the BSc in Economics and Business Economics, and got a reply confirming within a week... Im a UK student, and i checked with their admissions centre and i certainly got the place, and while i felt pretty confident with my application, surely a reply that quickly seems abit fishy... Any thoughts?
Edit: I applied on 15/3/17, got a reply today...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by carb0nd3us
Hi all, I applied for the BSc in Economics and Business Economics, and got a reply confirming within a week... Im a UK student, and i checked with their admissions centre and i certainly got the place, and while i felt pretty confident with my application, surely a reply that quickly seems abit fishy... Any thoughts?
Edit: I applied on 15/3/17, got a reply today...

Congrats! I would email an Admissions Officer to be sure, did you get an Email or were you notified through Studielink or MyInfo?
Original post by tulips221
Congrats! I would email an Admissions Officer to be sure, did you get an Email or were you notified through Studielink or MyInfo?

Email, and Embark system has acknowledged it. I also called their admissions office, they confirmed it, however MyInfo and Studielink hasnt updated. Im very pleased with it all, however still very paranoid considering i dont really know the system. Regardless, still hold offers in the UK so should be fine whatever happens :smile:
Has anyone else heard back from Masters Programs?
Reply 47
They seem to be taking a lot of time for Master's programs at GSSS. Has anyone gotten a reply for any program there?
Anyone applied for Research Master in Psychology?
Reply 49
Hey, I'm in the same situation. I applied to Sociology masters end of December and I am a U.S. citizen and still have not heard anything back... I just want to hear back so I can make decisions soon about universities in the U.S. as well. Hope you hear soon
I have applied for Economics and Business Economics in UvA and sent my application on 5th March,17. They asked me for my predicted grades later so I wanted to know if they have asked everyone who has applied or just a few because it seems as if they've only asked selected people?
Hi! I want to finish my application for the BSc Business Administration Program taught in English, but I am not sure which application portal to use: Embark or Myinfo? What do you think?
Thank you!
Original post by despacito
Hi! I want to finish my application for the BSc Business Administration Program taught in English, but I am not sure which application portal to use: Embark or Myinfo? What do you think?
Thank you!

You should first register on studentlink.
Then finish you application on myinfo (upload certificate and motivation letter etc.) you'll receive an ID after registration.
But I don't really know what Embark is...
Hi,

I have applied for International Development Studies. On MyInfo it updated to 'admission decision' but it hasn't detailed what that decision is. Does anyone know what this means or how you'll hear?

Thanks.
Original post by aberdeen123
Hi,

I have applied for International Development Studies. On MyInfo it updated to 'admission decision' but it hasn't detailed what that decision is. Does anyone know what this means or how you'll hear?

Thanks.

Same for me, I'm guessing it means they have processed the application checks and it has now been sent for a decision to be made on the merits of it

Good luck
Original post by thomas65633
Same for me, I'm guessing it means they have processed the application checks and it has now been sent for a decision to be made on the merits of it

Good luck

Oh brilliant! Glad to hear it's not just me! Do you have any idea what the time scale is for hearing back? Good luck to you too!
Anyone else taking up their offer for Business Admin this year?
Reply 57
Hi,

Thanks.

I've applied for the development masters and I have the same admission decision status. On their website it says the deadline for admission notifications is Tuesday 2 May 2017 Friday 19 May 2017....Still a long wait ahead of us I think!
Original post by zmmc
I've applied for the development masters and I have the same admission decision status. On their website it says the deadline for admission notifications is Tuesday 2 May 2017 Friday 19 May 2017....Still a long wait ahead of us I think!

I was just asked to resend my passport scan as an ID verification - has that happened to you?
I was just asked to resend my passport scan as an ID verification - has that happened to you?

That also happened to me today! For a masters in internation relations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending