The Student Room Group

Netherlands vs UK, and Foundation Year?

Hiya, I am an international IB student with a predicted 30 now. I took most of my final exams, and I'm confident I might get upwards of 32-33 in the best-case scenario.

I had already applied to the University of Amsterdam and have a place there. Now I am deliberating whether the UK was a better option. My options are:

1. Wait for IB results to come out and apply for clearing. My reach would be SOAS politics (33), and Queen Mary politics (32).

2. Wait for IB results also, but in case the final grades aren't enough for those unis above, apply for a foundation year at SOAS. Then do 1 year foundation at SOAS + 3 years undergraduate at SOAS (politics) or potentially another UK uni.

3. Or simply go to the University of Amsterdam (human geography).

What would you do in my position?
Reply 1
Amsterdam uni is a great university. You should go there.
Original post by iagokaan
Hiya, I am an international IB student with a predicted 30 now. I took most of my final exams, and I'm confident I might get upwards of 32-33 in the best-case scenario.

I had already applied to the University of Amsterdam and have a place there. Now I am deliberating whether the UK was a better option. My options are:

1. Wait for IB results to come out and apply for clearing. My reach would be SOAS politics (33), and Queen Mary politics (32).

2. Wait for IB results also, but in case the final grades aren't enough for those unis above, apply for a foundation year at SOAS. Then do 1 year foundation at SOAS + 3 years undergraduate at SOAS (politics) or potentially another UK uni.

3. Or simply go to the University of Amsterdam (human geography).

What would you do in my position?

Do you want to study politics or geography?
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
Do you want to study politics or geography?

Ideally politics.
Reply 4
Original post by mike23mike
Amsterdam uni is a great university. You should go there.

You're right. I hear that a lot. What makes you say that?
Reply 5
Can you do Politics at Amsterdam?
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Can you do Politics at Amsterdam?

Nope. I don't meet the grade requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending