Should I study the LPC in light of the SRA's recommendations? Watch

charliekills
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,

I am due to begin the LPC in September but in light of the SRA recent recommendations, suggesting to change the route to qualification, I am wondering whether it is still a sensible option to pursue this route?
I studied at a Russell Group University, obtained A*AA, was involved in extra-curricular activities and currently working as a paralegal so I believe I do stand good chances of obtaining a training contract while on the course. If not, then I want to move back to London, where the majority of the paralegal jobs require the LPC.
J-SP
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by charliekills)
Hi guys,

I am due to begin the LPC in September but in light of the SRA recent recommendations, suggesting to change the route to qualification, I am wondering whether it is still a sensible option to pursue this route?
I studied at a Russell Group University, obtained A*AA, was involved in extra-curricular activities and currently working as a paralegal so I believe I do stand good chances of obtaining a training contract while on the course. If not, then I want to move back to London, where the majority of the paralegal jobs require the LPC.
If you are starting it this September, it is not an issue - any later and it might be. The SRA are currently suggesting the LPC won't be phased out until 2022 (there will be a transition period of 3 years where both qualification processes will run at the same time), and even then their timeframes are a little optimistic.

It sounds like many firms are not going to rush into the SQE and will be quite willing to make a slow transition to the SQE once things are much clearer and tested out.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (231)
45.03%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (154)
30.02%
I don't have an opinion (128)
24.95%

Watched Threads