The Student Room Group

Confused student in need of help!!! ULAW LPC modules

Hi! I would love some guidance about what the LPC is like at ulaw. Could someone please tell me what the modules are and if you get to pick any or if they are all compulsory?
I believe the SRA decides most of the courses BPP, University of Law and others offer. The the core modules must be the same. The electives slightly vary between BPP and UoL eg BPP has commercial and IP law as one module and UoL has those as 2 separate modules. Both institutions have a variety of modules - City law type subjects, commercial subjects and high street law subjects.
Hi! So the LPC at The University of Law is divided into 2 stages- the course structure at stage 1 involves these modules: Introduction to Professional Practice (Professional conduct within this module carries 15 credits), Business Law and Practice Knowledge and Skills (30 credits), Dispute Resolution Knowledge and Skills, including Criminal Litigation (30 credits), Real Estate Knowledge and Skills (30 credits). And at stage 2 there is the LPC or the Accelerated LPC. The modules under the LPC in stage 2 you choose 3 modules out of the following: Advanced Criminal, Advanced Real Estate, Banking and Debt Finance, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Commercial Law, Competition Law, and Employment Law. For the accelerated LPC for the January start you would choose 3 of the following modules: Advanced Criminal Law and Practice, Advanced Real Estate Law and Practice, Banking and Debt Finance Law and Practice, Commercial Dispute Resolution Law and Practice, Commercial Law and Practice, Competition Law and Practice, Employment Law and Practice, Family Law and Practice, Immigration Law and Practice, Insurance Law and Practice, Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Mergers and Acquisitions Law and Practice, Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Law and Practice, Private Client Law and Practice, and Public Companies Law and Practice. For the July start of the accelerated LPC you would choose 3 of the following modules: Advanced Real Estate Law and Practice, Banking and Debt Finance Law and Practice, Commercial Dispute Resolution Law and Practice, Commercial Law and Practice, Employment Law and Practice, Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Mergers and Acquisitions Law and Practice, Public Companies Law and Practice. I hope this helps and do not hesitate t answer more questions. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending