The Student Room Group

Do PSC now or wait

Hello,

I studied for the LLM LPC and just found out that I failed BLP for the 3rd time (32%). I had solicitors accounts (3rd sitting) due to sit in December 2023. Now I have to repeat stage 1 (only have up until summer 2024) or repeat. I have 4 months remaining to complete my training contract. I am considering BPP or University of Law to study the LLM LPC again part time. Should I complete the PSC now or wait.

Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.
I don't know the rules on the PSC other than people usually do it during the 2 year TC so might be best to check with the SRA.
Have you considered an SQE1/2 course and qualifying that way or would that be harder than restarting the LPC doing it over 2 years?
Reply 2
Original post by 17Student17
I don't know the rules on the PSC other than people usually do it during the 2 year TC so might be best to check with the SRA.
Have you considered an SQE1/2 course and qualifying that way or would that be harder than restarting the LPC doing it over 2 years?

Thank you, I will contact the SRA. I have parked the PSC also.

The SQE appears to be quite complex. As I know that I took my foot of the gas in terms of BLP and Solictors accounts exams - those are the two modules that I would have to work extremely hard in. All the other 12 modules I was able to pass and did not find particularly difficult.
The SQE is indeed complex and a new thing with new skills so certainly until now I have been suggesting to people do the LPC if at all possible - one institution, one set of exams marked by the same body, a known quantity. All if you redo the LPC and pass it second time round then you are exempt from SQE1 (which is closed book and multiple choice with 50% failure rate) so just have to pass the SQE2 (which is skills) if you then decide you have to qualify via the new route instead if you cannot get a TC.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
Thank you for your message.

I have decided to retake the LPC in the new year.

I have a TC with 4 months remaining to complete. I would have to contact the SRA to see whether I would have to redo my TC in light of my circumstances.
Reply 5
First of all, sorry to hear about your situation. The LPC is a tough course and I found BLP very overwhelming. I don't think you would have to redo your TC. Once you finish your TC, your period of recognised training would be completed and so you can park this and apply to the SRA once you finished your LPC and PSC (but let me know if the SRA has said otherwise because this is just an assumption).

Can I ask why you are struggling with BLP? What has your feedback said?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending