The Student Room Group

Protesters arrested on Inauguration Day will face 10 years in prison

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Sounds like a lot of alternative fact to me.

You dont honestly think people will read links?. Everything is very simple and straightforward in TSR world.
Reply 82
This news is, in fact, wonderful. These people committed crimes and are not getting away with it like people so often do in these situations. Disgusting to allow anyone who partakes in this type of activity to not serve jail time and hopefully the long sentences will be an example for any others who want to break stuff and commit crime to further their personal agendas.
Just looks like anarchists. Therea a difference between charged and convicted and I wouldnt get your hopes up on up to ten years. Charges will be subject to plea bargaining.

AlsoThe DM isnt the best source. I believe it has the fine out by a factor of 10.
Maximum of 10 years. None of them will get anything near that. The penalty is left broad enough to punish the worst possible cases with such a sentence. These people won't get much if anything.
Reply 85
All I saw was violent hateful people who agree with democracy only when it suits them. Would they be protesting if Trump was a black man - no. Would they be protesting if Trump was gay - no. Would they be protesting if Trump was a woman - no. He is a white heterosexual American male and that's what they don't like!

Personally I think they need a custodial sentence so that the message gets through to all the other libtards that you cannot try to stop democracy.
Original post by jape
Seconding both of these. Pretty miffed by the bull**** sticky thing on the side of the site misrepresenting the facts of the issue as much as is humanly possible. If it wasn't deliberate then someone needs to remove their rosy contact lenses.

It is TSR's new clickbait policy, the more clickbaity the titles they put there the more people click and the more ad revenue they get.

That's TSR, nothing more than clickbait.
Protesters arrested on Inauguration Day face up to 10 years in prison and/or fines if convicted under felony charges.
They're not protestors at all, and I don't care if they might have a slight anarchist motivation. They were vandalising banks and shops for no real reason. It would have served no purpose in putting their point across. All they've done is destroy any chance the actual protestors had of getting their point across. As soon as protests devolve into riots, they're no longer likely to be acknowledged for the point they were trying to make. It's entirely counter-productive.

So as a liberal who doesn't like Trump(though I dislike Hilary more, but that's besides the point), I support arresting these vandals entirely. Get them off the streets so that real protestors can start presenting real arguments for change. (Although they really shouldn't be protesting the idea of Trump being President. There's no point. He is now President. Get over that, and focus on convincing his Senate and Congress to fight against those of his policies that you hate so much.)
This thread is so misleading

They're talking about people who smashed up stores, ironically Starbucks (who's owned was against Trump?) set fire to cars...

They MAY face up to 10 years.. most likely they'll face fine and community service.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cbreef
Bit more to it than that.

There isn't really. They lost so now they don't like democracy anymore. Before you mention the electoral college do bare in mind these people would have no problem with the electoral college had Hillary won

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sayan98
So people can't protest in a democracy? Is that not the whole point of a democracy.

Of course people can protest in a democracy (for all the good it does...) but wanting to live in a democracy and protesting against the inauguration of a democratically elected president makes you an idiot
Original post by Underscore__
There isn't really. They lost so now they don't like democracy anymore. Before you mention the electoral college do bare in mind these people would have no problem with the electoral college had Hillary won

Posted from TSR Mobile

It shows that they are willing to take a stand if he tries anything OTT
Original post by cbreef
It shows that they are willing to take a stand if he tries anything OTT

Because there have been so many successful protests...

It shows little more than how hypocritical a lot of people are

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending