The Student Room Group

Tattoos at college

So im 16 and already have a few under age tattoos but most of them un noticable, im wanting to get a big one on my arm that will be noticable but im not sure how my college will react and if they will call social services or ignore it
Reply 1
It really depends what your college is like. What sort of place is it? I got my first tattoo at 17.
I have good news for both of you ...

My Uncle owns a warehouse. Its in South Florida. Your moving heavy boxes all day and stuffing 45 foot export containers. There is no air conditioning. You can work in it.

There is even better news ....

Someday you will be promoted to fork-lift driver. And best off all those tattoos are forever. You can enjoy your tattoos.

In other words you will not be hired for any serious professional job nor taken serious. And yes there are allot of people who feel the same way regardless of how many fools impulsively graffitti thier bodies without realizing what tattoos really are: BEHAVIOR.

Tattoos are Behavior. You are advertising that behavoir to the world. Same as a bumper sticker. And you will be judged on that behavior. Tattoos have always had, and always will have, a negative correleation.

I have many friends growing up who got tatttos. And social media and the internet is a lovely tool. The ones that haven't been arrested, died or sent to prison - most of them are not sucessful in the real world.

When we get a highly qualified person in the office for an interview .. and they have a tattoo or are hiding one or twenty under thier clothing: We say:

"Thank you for taking your time to interview with us today. We really appreciate it. We are in the process of narrowing down the scope of potential canditiates and will defiantely keep your resume on file for future consideration. Someone will contact you in the next 2 weeks for followup and secondary interview should you be accepted for the position".

Then we smile and shake hands. Can you guess where your resume goes after you leave the office?

Yup. Thats right. ...

Quick Reply

Latest