The Student Room Group

Outfit?

I've been invited
(edited 11 months ago)
Inauguration of what? A politician? A boat? What is the context here? That will often guide the dress code.
Original post by SophiaAlexx
it's for a youth mayor thing so lots of young people will be there

I'm going to go on a limb and assume a "youth mayor" is an meaningless token position with no influence, and thus there is probably no great ceremony placed upon the inauguration. Hence, just wear something smart that is comfortable. No need to wear a gown/tuxedo/etc, just a smart shirt or blouse and trousers or skirt/smart and tasteful dress/whatever is your style in that vein
Original post by artful_lounger
I'm going to go on a limb and assume a "youth mayor" is an meaningless token position with no influence, and thus there is probably no great ceremony placed upon the inauguration. Hence, just wear something smart that is comfortable. No need to wear a gown/tuxedo/etc, just a smart shirt or blouse and trousers or skirt/smart and tasteful dress/whatever is your style in that vein

I agree, and if it is cold then a smart coat or blazer goes a long way. I also don't recommend high heels if you say you are going somewhere before dinner as you want to be comfortable, however if you feel you must then block heel is best due to stability.

Quick Reply

Latest