The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Chemistry new 1 7405/1 - 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Guys don't Sorry, paper 3 is 30 percent and paper 1and 2 are 35 percent each ... I think there would be scalling .... Grade boundaries will be low
Original post by adas0a
for a B?

For a C
Anyone else with an AAA medicine offer and ******** themselves because paper 3 was a joke and might get a B in chemistry???
Or is it just me.
I am absolutely bricking it
Reply 2004
Original post by Fusarium
Anyone else with an AAA medicine offer and ******** themselves because paper 3 was a joke and might get a B in chemistry???
Or is it just me.

A*AA offer for vet med... you just expressed exactly how I feel... I made so many stupid mistakes.. praying papers 1 and 2 get me to an A... which uni is your offer for?
Original post by May_
A*AA offer for vet med... you just expressed exactly how I feel... I made so many stupid mistakes.. praying papers 1 and 2 get me to an A... which uni is your offer for?

Ah I don't want to say for privacy reasons but I feel the same as you. I think I got at least 80 marks on p1 and p2 but around 60 in p3.
Reply 2006
Original post by Fusarium
Ah I don't want to say for privacy reasons but I feel the same as you. I think I got at least 80 marks on p1 and p2 but around 60 in p3.

Sorry fair Enough! .. Yeh on p1 I think around high 80s , p2 low 80s but p3 around 55 :frown: however my uni is actually in clearing for vet med and has been before results were sent to unis so hoping that they may be lenient :frown: did you do aqa Biology?
Original post by May_
Sorry fair Enough! .. Yeh on p1 I think around high 80s , p2 low 80s but p3 around 55 :frown: however my uni is actually in clearing for vet med and has been before results were sent to unis so hoping that they may be lenient :frown: did you do aqa Biology?

Yes I did. I'm expecting VERY low boundaries for that one. Around 65% for an A*.
Original post by mp1998
Having looked at both the edexcel and OCR boundaries for chemistry (they're both on TSR somewhere), they both put A* at around 80%. I think AQA will probably be similar

Omg I hope not
Original post by _crimson
Omg I hope not

Yup, Edexcel is 83% for A* while OCR is 86% for A*, however grade boundaries being higher than expected also implies we did better than expected
paper 3 is seriously going to bring down my overall grade tbh.
Original post by FridayIsForever
paper 3 is seriously going to bring down my overall grade tbh.

Me tooooo
Got an A star pretty proud ... overall I got A*A*A*
Hey, does anyone have the A-Level Chemistry set 2 Specimen Papers, looking for papers 1 and 2? They may have been uploaded previously but cannot access those links anymore.
Original post by 'Insertnamehere'
Hey, does anyone have the A-Level Chemistry set 2 Specimen Papers, looking for papers 1 and 2? They may have been uploaded previously but cannot access those links anymore.

does anyone have these papers. If so please could you PM me
Original post by johnlondo
does anyone have these papers. If so please could you PM me

Just to clarify I need June 2017 papers 1 2 and 3

Did you get the papers?
Reply 2017

Original post by 'Insertnamehere'
Did you get the papers?

Does anyone have the aqa alevel chemistry 2017 papers ? I need paper 1 and 2 if u have any of them could you please send them to me. Thank You
hey can anyone tell me the process of this question and how to get to the answer In a different buffer solution, the concentration of ethanoic acid was0.260 mol dm−3 and the concentration of ethanoate ions was 0.121 mol dm−3A 7.00 × 10−3 mol sample of sodium hydroxide was added to 500 cm3 of thisbuffer solution.Calculate the pH of the buffer solution after the sodium hydroxide was added.Give your answer to two decimal places.
Can anyone provide a link to the set 2 specimen papers (and mark schemes ideally) - I started searching though each page of this thread and got to page 20 before realising there is 100 pages! Why are the so hard to find!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending