The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
LifeWired
There's ice cream in there too though, it can't all be bad :rolleyes:

uuuuummmmm, suppose not, make sure its ben and gerry's cookie dough
priya
just a thought, if anyone does mess up general studies will they be bothered? i will, i know that sounds stupid, but although it wasn't easy for me, it wasn't exactly rocket science either, so if i don't get an A i'll be a bit let down by myself i reckon

I will be bothered if i dont get an A in General Studies, as i think its the only A-level which shows peoples intelligence...as i think all other A level results are just a measure of how much work u put in....a guy in my maths class will get an A in maths and he is rubbish, just always works his ass off, where as i dont struggle in anything in maths a level even slightly, but will do crap, coz i didnt put the effort in, but with GS, u cant revise
Reply 102
rainbow_kisses

oooh the best ice cream ever :biggrin:
rainbow_kisses

I wish :frown:
I think there's some strawberry cheesecake haagen dazs which is also gr8 :smile:

Cryogenics isn't too dangerous, I've heard it gets a bit cold but if you have some warm clothing and maybe a duvet, you'll be fine.
Reply 104
priya
oooh the best ice cream ever :biggrin:

exactly!!!! and if ur gonna die (in a way anyway) u might as well do it happily :biggrin:
Reply 105
LifeWired
I wish :frown:
I think there's some strawberry cheesecake haagen dazs which is also gr8 :smile:

Cryogenics isn't too dangerous, I've heard it gets a bit cold but if you have some warm clothing and maybe a duvet, you'll be fine.

its not dangerous just painful, have u ever had liquid nitrogen sprayed onto ur body?
Reply 106
rainbow_kisses
exactly!!!! and if ur gonna die (in a way anyway) u might as well do it happily :biggrin:

now the only way to spend the next three days would be to be stranded out at sea on a little boat with ample supplies of ben and jerrys, and orlando bloom
rainbow_kisses
its not dangerous just painful, have u ever had liquid nitrogen sprayed onto ur body?

No, though on a serious note I can imagine the burns you would receive from that would be quite bad. Cryogenics has a long way to go with respective technologies. A shame really since there's a big market for people waiting for results day/cures to terminal illnesses (perhaps not so different!)
Reply 108
priya
now the only way to spend the next three days would be to be stranded out at sea on a little boat with ample supplies of ben and jerrys, and orlando bloom

well ill be at the other end of the boat with MY supply of ben and gerry's and johnny depp :biggrin: :tongue: *drool*
LifeWired

wouldnt that defeat the point of being cryogenically frozen???
KerChing
wouldnt that defeat the point of being cryogenically frozen???

You're quick to spot the fatal flaw in that argument :wink:
Reply 111
LifeWired
No, though on a serious note I can imagine the burns you would receive from that would be quite bad. Cryogenics has a long way to go with respective technologies. A shame really since there's a big market for people waiting for results day/cures to terminal illnesses (perhaps not so different!)

i once had a mole on my neck cryogenically frozen (it didnt work) and the thing that the doc was using had like a little canister with a tube out one side and a tube to point at the mole, but he didnt realise the the other tube was resting on my leg so ever time he sprayed some it was coming out of the other one as well, enevitably making a burn on my leg, i couldnt tell him this was hapenning tho because it would of been my face he froze if i moved
rainbow_kisses
i once had a mole on my neck cryogenically frozen (it didnt work) and the thing that the doc was using had like a little canister with a tube out one side and a tube to point at the mole, but he didnt realise the the other tube was resting on my leg so ever time he sprayed some it was coming out of the other one as well, enevitably making a burn on my leg, i couldnt tell him this was hapenning tho because it would of been my face he froze if i moved

That's really bad :s-smilie:

They should really make sure the equipment is all being used correctly. Moles must be annoying, I haven't any myself but my sister was quite frustrated with hers. What exactly happens if they aren't removed properly? (Ie, comes off somehow)
at the very, very worst i'll probably get:

general studies: U (i wrote crap for the essays)
geography: E
sociology: C
spanish: E

(i will be really, really disappointed with them)

at the very best i'll probably get:

general studies: C
geography: B
sociology: A
spanish: B

so it could go any way, really... i honestly cannot gauge my performance well - last year i thought i'd get an A in spanish and got a low C :frown:
Reply 114
LifeWired
That's really bad :s-smilie:

They should really make sure the equipment is all being used correctly. Moles must be annoying, I haven't any myself but my sister was quite frustrated with hers. What exactly happens if they aren't removed properly? (Ie, comes off somehow)

they just stay there, i wanted mine removed because its in a place were, if im not careful, i catch it on necklaces and such, it can be quite painful
Reply 115
at the best, ill get a string of A's the sun will shine, all will be well with the world

at the worst i'll get B's and C's, fail english, and it will rain
Reply 116
priya
at the best, ill get a string of A's the sun will shine, all will be well with the world

at the worst i'll get B's and C's, fail english, and it will rain
im sure it will be the former :biggrin:

aprt from the weather part anyway :rolleyes:
Reply 117
rainbow_kisses
im sure it will be the former :biggrin:

aprt from the weather part anyway :rolleyes:

it had better be nice weather!! it's always been nice weather on results day, and i'm planning on walkin ten minutes down to the pub afterwards with everyone to drown sorrows/celebrate. IT MUST BE WARM AND SUNNY!! :smile:
Reply 118
priya
it had better be nice weather!! it's always been nice weather on results day, and i'm planning on walkin ten minutes down to the pub afterwards with everyone to drown sorrows/celebrate. IT MUST BE WARM AND SUNNY!! :smile:

thats true it has been nice weather, and ive always endedup with shite grades, so if its crappy, perhaps ill get good 1s :cool:
priya

literally this year you can see that the peak of pub drinks sales for the first time since roughly last year jumps to about 500% expected by 2pm

Latest

Trending

Trending