The Student Room Group

timetables

Hi so i’m just a bit confused about the timetables in University.
Do we go everyday to university ???
like im so confused because if we go more then twice then it would be beneficial for me to stay in accommodation but if not i’ll just travel it …. it’s a lot of pressure !!!
Hi,

It varies depending on the university and you would normally need to check the university website. With most universities, you would go in more than twice a week for an undergraduate course. I study a humanities/social sciences course which has less contact hours than a science course but I still have lessons 4 days a week.

It is also worth thinking about that even if you do not have any lessons, you may still be going on campus either to study or to go to societies. So, you may find you are still going in everyday.

Best Wishes,
Gulcin
2nd Year PPE Student
University of Southampton.
(edited 3 months ago)
It depends on the uni and course for instance at Portsmouth I was in 5 day’s a week but at my second university (where I graduated from) it was 3 days a week 3 days is pretty normal for a first year undergraduate but you’ll likely end up going in for more then just lessons and the like. Time tables and most other things at uni are done with students who live in accommodation in mind so there is that too. I’d look at halls.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi so i’m just a bit confused about the timetables in University.
Do we go everyday to university ???
like im so confused because if we go more then twice then it would be beneficial for me to stay in accommodation but if not i’ll just travel it …. it’s a lot of pressure !!!

Hiya,

The timetable varies - it depends on what year you are in, what course you study, whether you have exams on your course and even what module you are learning. For example I study Health and well-being in society and I also have no exams so my contact time is less and I’m only in twice a week; where as my friend who studies criminology is in 4 times a week.

I would suggest looking at the university website for your course and see if contact time is mentioned, and if not see if you can get in contact with someone from your faculty.

You may want to live in accommodation to have the “university experience”, move out for the first time and experience something new and there will also be societies, sports teams and maybe you could even get a job. But not everyone has to move out, I have two friends who have been commuting as they only live 25 minutes away. I think at the end of the day it depends on your situation as well as what will make you happy and how close you are to university.

In addition ask students at the university, what do they think works for them, do many live on campus, what is the accommodation like at that university, and also what are the prices. Speaking to students who attend that university is crucial to find out what life is like there as a student.

Hope this helps, I will be happy to help with any further questions 🙂

-Maddie, second year Health and well-being in society student at De Montfort University
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending