The Student Room Group

Year 12

Anyone else going into year 12 and feeling super overwhelmed. Not to mention i`m quite nervous about results day aswell.
Honestly me too . Part of me is excited to see my friends and get into a good routine but im really scared for results day.

Do u know if the IGCSE´S actually count later or are the A-levels more important? I´ve heard some people say that universities acctually look into them.
GCSEs and A-level requirement depends on what courses/uni you are applying for...
The more competitive ones will look at both, however in general A-levels are more important
Reply 3
Original post by toothysmile
GCSEs and A-level requirement depends on what courses/uni you are applying for...
The more competitive ones will look at both, however in general A-levels are more important

I would definitely agree
Reply 4
Original post by schoolgirll
Honestly me too . Part of me is excited to see my friends and get into a good routine but im really scared for results day.

Do u know if the IGCSE´S actually count later or are the A-levels more important? I´ve heard some people say that universities acctually look into them.

I am just soo worried I messed things up 😕
Original post by fudgepop
I am just soo worried I messed things up 😕

Dont worry, I´m sure you didnt. Its stressful for me too cuz i tried really hard and i hope it was worth it. If things go a little bad though just focus on the A-levels and redeem yourself.
We still have a while till results day so try and enjoy the summer. Best of luck :smile:
Reply 6
I completely understand what your going through aswell and I wish best of luck to you too. :smile: What a-levels are you looking to do?
Anyone else going into year 12 and feeling super overwhelmed. Not to mention i`m quite nervous about results day aswell.

Hey there!

Results days can be stressful, but you'll get through it! I'd reccomend making a plan for the day such as how you are getting to school if you need to go in, if you need to contact anyone to confirm places at college/apprentiship etc. Having a clear plan can help the day go a lot smoother as well as help calm the nerves a little.

Going into year 12 can also feel like a big step, so again I'd reccomend to try and prepare a little. One thing lots of people enjoy is going out to get sixthform stationary, clothes etc. You could go with friends to make it more fun! But also, just look forward to it, there is a bit more freedom in sixthform/college such as study periods, and the courses are often a lot more interesting than GCSEs.

Good luck, I'm sure you're going to smash it!
Kat
Reply 8
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hey there!

Results days can be stressful, but you'll get through it! I'd reccomend making a plan for the day such as how you are getting to school if you need to go in, if you need to contact anyone to confirm places at college/apprentiship etc. Having a clear plan can help the day go a lot smoother as well as help calm the nerves a little.

Going into year 12 can also feel like a big step, so again I'd reccomend to try and prepare a little. One thing lots of people enjoy is going out to get sixthform stationary, clothes etc. You could go with friends to make it more fun! But also, just look forward to it, there is a bit more freedom in sixthform/college such as study periods, and the courses are often a lot more interesting than GCSEs.

Good luck, I'm sure you're going to smash it!
Kat

Thank you sooo much. These were words i needed to here as well. I guess I just have to have faith and relax a bit. 😅😊
I completely understand what your going through aswell and I wish best of luck to you too. :smile: What a-levels are you looking to do?

Thanks :smile: Im thinking of doing Art, Spanish, Buisness, Geography and EPQ as half an a-level. What about you ,what a-levels are you doing?
Reply 10
Thanks :smile: Im thinking of doing Art, Spanish, Buisness, Geography and EPQ as half an a-level. What about you ,what a-levels are you doing?

COOL!! I’m doing Spanish, Maths, Biology and either Drama or Chemistry. I haven’t really decided yet.
COOL!! I’m doing Spanish, Maths, Biology and either Drama or Chemistry. I haven’t really decided yet.

Thats great :smile: whats making you undecisive between Drama or Chemistry?
Reply 12
Thats great :smile: whats making you undecisive between Drama or Chemistry?

It’s like I want to be an actress (hence drama) but I also have an interest in medicine and if I change my career paths then I need an a level in chem to do medicine. Yeah but I really have no clue what to choose cause 4 a levels is already a lot 😅
Just wanted to say don’t be too intent on doing 4 A levels because you might find that the workload is too much and you need to drop one
Reply 14
Original post by Teribblestudent
Just wanted to say don’t be too intent on doing 4 A levels because you might find that the workload is too much and you need to drop one

Yeah that’s why it scares me because I don’t want to burn out so early within the year. But it’s also like with 4 a levels I guess I think I can do more/different degrees or something.
Yeah that’s why it scares me because I don’t want to burn out so early within the year. But it’s also like with 4 a levels I guess I think I can do more/different degrees or something.

I started year 12 with 4 a level subjects and then dropped the one I found most difficult when the work was becoming too much
It’s like I want to be an actress (hence drama) but I also have an interest in medicine and if I change my career paths then I need an a level in chem to do medicine. Yeah but I really have no clue what to choose cause 4 a levels is already a lot 😅

Yh i understand. Im only doing 4 because my school suggested it - they said that its always best since you can drop one with 4 but not with 3.
Personally, i would do chemistry as an a-level and maybe do drama out of school in a club or something and later do shows. But since you want to be an actress (soo cool) drama would be an important subject, it all depends on how GCSE`s went and the subject that you enjoyed most . Its a very hard desision and i wish you the best of luck :smile:
I went into Year 12 last year, and it definitely does seem overwhelming at first. I would try not to worry too much about your results as there is nothing you can do about them now. If you have work that needs to be done before September, I would recommend doing that so you have a good head start and you can figure out what you are good at and what you may need to spend more time on. Most importantly though, try and enjoy your summer - do things you enjoy, meet up with friends, etc.
Reply 18
Thank you both for the advice. It has honestly helped a lot and now I have some clarity. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending