The Student Room Group

I wanna leave home ASAP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aspiring Lawyer
Complaining won't solve anything. Your parents just want what's best for you in their minds. If you want to be free of all restrictions, why don't you fund yourself through university so that you won't "owe" them anything?

Your post made me emotional :frown:
Yh.
And life goes on... we don't always get what we want, but we can take steps towards what we want.
Philosipher alert!
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
Philosipher alert!

You know it XD
:lol:
Original post by prazzyjazzy
Yh.

Yh!
Then go
Well I lived and worked abroad for a good few years and at the age of 24 I think I was, found myself then back at home with my mum. It was a bit of a nightmare and I longed for my independence which I had had for a good few years. I couldn't afford a deposit on a place so I went on the council's housing waiting list. It took years, in which time I had met a man, moved to Ireland to live with him, got pregnant then left him and moved back to my mum's. But I had forgotten I was still on the housing waiting list while I was living in Ireland. I swear this is the truth; the day I arrived back at my mum's in Stockport, pregnant, and with all my belongings, my mum told me the previous day a woman from the council's housing department had telephoned asking to speak to me. A flat had become available for me. After all those years. She pretended I was out. She daren't have said I no longer lived there or I would have not only been denied the flat, but would have been completely taken off the waiting list too. I phoned her the next day, went round to see the flat and accepted it. My first time living completely on my own, aged 29. But i'm waffling. What I didn't properly factor in is that now I was living on my own I had to pay for absolutely everything. It was no longer a case of just giving my mum £30 a week for my "keep". All my own food, electric, water rates, council tax, all the furniture I needed, which was practically everything. Had to buy a cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine, iron, TV, bloody everything. And all while trying to buy things for a baby that was on the way. It was THEN that I finally realised how easy I had had it while living at home.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by markova21
Well I lived and worked abroad for a good few years and at the age of 24 I think I was, found myself then back at home with my mum. It was a bit of a nightmare and I longed for my independence which I had had for a good few years. I couldn't afford a deposit on a place so I went on the council's housing waiting list. It took years, in which time I had met a man, moved to Ireland to live with him, got pregnant then left him and moved back to my mum's. But I had forgotten I was still on the housing waiting list while I was living in Ireland. I swear this is the truth; the day I arrived back at my mum's in Stockport, pregnant, and with all my belongings, my mum told me the previous day a woman from the council's housing department had telephoned asking to speak to me. A flat had become available for me. After all those years. She pretended I was out. She daren't have said I no longer lived there or I would have not only been denied the flat, but would have been completely taken off the waiting list too. I phoned her the next day, went round to see the flat and accepted it. My first time living completely on my own, aged 29. But i'm waffling. What I didn't properly factor in is that now I was living on my own I had to pay for absolutely everything. It was no longer a case of just giving my mum £30 a week for my "keep". All my own food, electric, water rates, council tax, all the furniture I needed, which was practically everything. Had to buy a cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine, iron, TV, bloody everything. And all while trying to buy things for a baby that was on the way. It was THEN that I finally realised how easy I had had it while living at home.

You seem to do really wordy answers!
Any particulart reason?
You seem to do really wordy answers!
Any particulart reason?

Ha. Sorry, I know. In real life, I suffer from Social Phobia, which massively affects everything I do and everyone I come into contact with. Some days, apart from my son, I don't actually speak to anyone else. Sometimes not for days on end. So I suppose I like to "talk" a lot on forums like this one and others I use and to people I know on Facebook, etc.
Ha. Sorry, I know. In real life, I suffer from Social Phobia, which massively affects everything I do and everyone I come into contact with. Some days, apart from my son, I don't actually speak to anyone else. Sometimes not for days on end. So I suppose I like to "talk" a lot on forums like this one and others I use and to people I know on Facebook, etc.

oh.
So it's basically coz you don't like talking in public
oh.
So it's basically coz you don't like talking in public

I guess ! And I can't have a good old gossip on the phone to my sister in Manchester for too long because the phone bill will be through the roof !
I guess ! And I can't have a good old gossip on the phone to my sister in Manchester for too long because the phone bill will be through the roof !

true.
It just seemed a bit long winded to me.
no worries

Quick Reply

Latest