The Student Room Group

Undergrad Physiotherapy or Sports Science -then do Masters in physio?

Hey, I’m 28 years old and leaving the army to do my dream career by studying Physiotherapy.

I’m planning to stay on my canal boat which I’ve had for a while now. I’m struggling to find a marina to live on based where the degree is taking place (Buckinghamshire New University). The boat is currently in my home town (Northampton) about 1-2 hours away from the uni.
Do I either commute for the time being until I find a marina close enough, or study a Sports Science degree in Northampton then do the Masters in Physiotherapy after that?
I’ve been out of education for quite some time and it’s gonna be an eye opener to getting back into education, and I know physio is an intense course so don’t want to be struggling with the stress around with travel and expenses.
Reply 1
Original post by Kayley28
Hey, I’m 28 years old and leaving the army to do my dream career by studying Physiotherapy.

I’m planning to stay on my canal boat which I’ve had for a while now. I’m struggling to find a marina to live on based where the degree is taking place (Buckinghamshire New University). The boat is currently in my home town (Northampton) about 1-2 hours away from the uni.
Do I either commute for the time being until I find a marina close enough, or study a Sports Science degree in Northampton then do the Masters in Physiotherapy after that?
I’ve been out of education for quite some time and it’s gonna be an eye opener to getting back into education, and I know physio is an intense course so don’t want to be struggling with the stress around with travel and expenses.

Hey, fellow exmilitary here also. Personally id make things as easy as you can and avoid wasting 3 years on an undergrad then doing the prequal course. Id say just do the prequal course straight off and get into paid work asap. The commute is tough but achievable, no doubt you did worse in the military.

Reference getting back into education, it is tough but providing you work hard and stay organised you will fall back into routine fine.

Really good luck with your career change, make sure you get as much resettlement support (i assume you are getting degree fully paid for by military-if you dont have one before leaving you can apply to get this).

Greg

Quick Reply

Latest