The Student Room Group

Not in the right place but hey!

Hi Guys! I'm new the forum but did not see another place it would fit. I'm 30 and looking at getting some form of education behind me. I have worked in the hospitality industry for the past 10 years, but I don't have any formal qualifications.

The degree I am looking at is;

HOSPITALITY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT - with foundation and gap year so 5 years in total. With my experience, and completing the foundation year. will this be enough?

Thanks for your time
Shaun
Reply 1
Original post by mancunianshugs
Hi Guys! I'm new the forum but did not see another place it would fit. I'm 30 and looking at getting some form of education behind me. I have worked in the hospitality industry for the past 10 years, but I don't have any formal qualifications.

HOSPITALITY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT - with foundation and gap year so 5 years in total. With my experience, and completing the foundation year. will this be enough?

Thanks for your time
Shaun

It depends what you want to do with it. Will it be enough to become a doctor? No. Could you use it to get a job in hospitality? Yes.
Hi June, thank you for your reply. What I was actually asking was, in the case of not having any qualifications, if it was acceptable for me to apply for the course without first having any UCAS points. Its quite a new game to me this and learning all the time, hence why I have come on the forum.. to ask for some help :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 3
Hi June, thank you for your reply. What I was actually asking was, in the case of not having any qualifications, if it was acceptable for me to apply for the course without first having any UCAS points. Its quite a new game to me this and learning all the time, hence why I have come on the forum.. to ask for some help :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:

I know that De Montfort University accept students with 'experience' but no UCAS points, or so they say :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Thanks for your time
Shaun

If you're unsure of whether you meet the entry requirements, then don't be afraid to reach out to universities and ask! I would email over five or so emails that offer that course (or similar) and ask them about it. Tell them about your work experience, your qualifications, and your foundation year. They will be able to advise you on wether or not it'd be worth your time applying to that university, and if not, what you can do to change it. I done this, and found it extremely helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending